11

The next day I woke up early. At first I didn't realize where I was, but then I remembered the events of yesterday. I got up,excited about what we were gonna do today. I woke up WavePelt and QuickFoot and we went outside. We were eating when WindyFur and the others showed up.
"Morning." FlameTail mumbled, settling down next to me. "TigerStripe and FlameTail stayed up late last night cracking jokes, so they're tired." Explained WindyFur. And of course, I noticed TigerStripe was nodding off next to WavePelt. Then FlameTail got up shook himself, and said, "What do you think we're going to do today?" "I want to learn how to use our powers." I responded. "I'm excited about learning about herbs." QuickFoot said. Just then, I heard arguing.

I looked over and saw that Alpha was arguing with SnowMist in a corner. He kept angling his ears to me. "I don't think Alph's very happy about me being the new second,second wolf." I said. The others followed my gaze and WavePelt nodded grimly. "Alpha thinks that your the RinWolf, but he has reason to think so." WindyFur said. I looked at her surprised.
"Well do share why." we all looked at TigerStripe in suprise. "Well good morning to you to." WavePelt said. "I heard alpha and SnowMist talking when I was 5 weeks old. They said that there was a single pup born in MountainShadow pack that had orange eyes. They allowed it to live since it was only 1 pup. Wolves started to go missing though. They finally killed the wolf when it got in a fight and killed a wolf in its own pack. After they did that, the disappearances stopped."

We all sat there, not knowing what to say. Then DuskFur came up. EmberWing, FlameTail and WavePelt. You're coming with me, HalfFur, and MudEar to go teach you how to use your powers. We were excited until we heard about HalfFur. DuskFur noticed the sudden change of mood and and said, "I thought you would be excited to learn how to use them." "We are, its just HalFur isn't exactly the.....friendliest wolf we've known. WavePelt said. DuskFur nodded in understanding. Just ignore eachother, tomorrow we'll fight you guys to test the strength of your powers. You'll probably take him down." he said. That made me feel better. "Come on, were going outside the clearing."
We got up and followed him in the woods. We saw HalfFur and MudEar waiting for us. "Took ya long enough." HalfFur said. We did what we were told and didn't acknowledge him. He ignored the fact that we ignored him and said, "So when are we gonna start training?" "When we get there." Replied DuskFur. "Where are we going?" Asked WavePelt. "To a meadow that's used for training with your powers. While WavePelt was asking questions, FlameTail, HalfFur and I kept falling back.
We were mesmerized by how big the world was. WavePelt seemed unfazed, and just asked away. When we got there, I heard HalfFur exclaim, "Finally!" "It took us 5 minutes to get here, have patience." DuskFur said. They took us to a part with a really, and I mean REALLY, big hill that dropped off suddenly. It had a waterfall and a river at the bottom. DuskFur said, "Now today, we are going to teach you guys how to fly." We all yipped excitedly. What I next heard made my blood boil.
"Not you, RinWolf. Better not to teach you then have all wolf kind destroyed. "Who authorized that MudEar?" DuskFur asked. "I did." he answered. "Have you forgotten who the Second wolf is here?" Before MudEar could answer, DuskFur said, "And we need our second,second wolf to know how to use her powers if she is to become the new second wolf one day. MudEar glared at DuskFur, the at me. I made a *What did I do?* face. Then DuskFur said, "So it's settled. All the apprentices are going to learn how to fly." DuskFur said.
He lead us all up to the drop off and MudEar said, "Now to fly, you need to have an imagination. You imagine your self with wings and think of what position you're flying in." "For example...." DuskFur said, then he jumped off the ledge.

We all rushed to the edge to see him dive bombing toward the ground. Then, right when he was about to go face first into the ground, he suddenly stopped falling and it looked like an invisible hand picked him up and dropped him in the air, but he kept a steady gate forward, not touching the ground. Then, he surged upward into the clouds. It looked like he had invisible wings. We lost him in the clouds and looked for him. All was silent. Then we heard a some one clearing their throat begins us and we all spun around spun around.
There DuskFur was, standing behind us as if nothing had happened. "I was thinking of wings on my body. When I fell, I imagined the wings hugging my body. Right when I was about to hit the ground, I imagined them spreading out to catch the air and propel me upward. Once I had a steady gate, I imagined the wings flapping, and when wind would come, I would spread my wings out again to keep it steady. Who wants to go first?" He asked. "I do!" I said. Then HalfFur shoved me down.
He then said, "No I want to go first!" I almost fell off the edge, but FlameTail grabbed my scruff at the last second and yanked me up. "What's your problem? You could've made her fall off!" FlameTail snarled at HalfFur, while WavePelt was making sure I was okay. "Hey, she said she wanted to go first." HalfFur said cooly. "He's right HalfFur. That wasn't safe, you could've seriously hurt her." DuskFur said calmly. "Aren't you going to reprimand your apprentice MudEar?" DuskFur asked. "Ummm, don't do that again HalfFur." Was MudEar's reply.
I could tell he didn't mean it. "You're now going last, HalfFur. Are you okay EmberWing?" DuskFur asked. "Yeah, I'm good." "Do you still want to go?" He asked. "Yup." I replied. "Okay, now remember what I said. Imagine wings on your body." He reminded me. "Got it." I said.
I took a step forward and looked down. The waterfall was making a lot of mist and foam at the bottom. It didn't help that the rocks looked sharp in the water. I took a deep breath, imagined my self with wings,
and jumped.

Hey guys!! What will happen, will she have an imagination, or will she plummet to her death? Btw, the pic is of Waterfall Hill (That's what I decided to call it XD) Xoxo, Braeden.