Girl Meets Father

We were in the John Quincy Adams Middle School hallway. Riley was intently watching a girl putting on make up. "Look at that ninth grade woman. We're going to be ninth grade women and me someday.""This things goes to ninth grade?" Maya asked her eyes going wide."Why that?" Riley asked pointing to the girl putting on mascara."Brings out your eyes." Maya told her. "Why would I want to take out my eyes?" Riley asked. "She's not taking out her eyes." I told her. "And I think she is." Riley said pointing back at the girl as she pulls out an eyelash curler.

"It's an eyelash curler. It doesn't even hurt." The girl said holding up the eyelash curler out to Riley. Riley took it. "I have eyelashes." Riley said taking it from her. "Watch this."I said to the girl who gave the eyelash curler to Riley. "Ahh!" Riley screamed as the eyelash curler came down on her eyelashes. "Anybody else would stop." Maya told her. "Ahh!" Riley screamed and dad walked by. "Open it." He told her. Riley opened the eyelash curler. "Thanks daddy." Riley said. "Yeah okay." Cory said exiting. "Yeah okay." Riley said handing the eyelash curler back to the girl. 

"Ladies. Best Friend." Farkle said walking towards us. "Farkle." We greeted. "School dance. I'm gonna put you two down for dance numbers one through all of them. We will alternate, you and me, me and you. When you are not dancing with me you may not dance with anyone else. You may sit and wait until you dance with me again." Farkle told Maya and Riley.  "Yeah, none of this is happening." Maya said.  "Oh. Well then may I have one dance with each of you?" Farkle said. "Sure." Riley said to Farkle. "Ha! That's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle." Farkle said walking away. 

"Hey guys." Lucas said as he walked towards us. "Lucas!" Riley exclaimed with her hand up. "Hand." Maya said. "Lucas!" Riley yelled again without her hand up. "Grown up voice." I reminded her. "Lucas, hello." Riley said . "Hey." Lucas greeted. "Hey, hee haw." I greeted. "You going to tick tock shake your body time?" Maya asked. "Cause, you know it's not a square dance, so not gonna be a whole lot of do-si-doing." I finished. "Well then I'm sure I'll have no idea what to do and you can make fun of me." Lucas said.  "You're not playing this right!" I exclaimed pointing at him. "Well, that's certainly not my intention. I'll try harder next time." Lucas said. "I will break you!" I said to him. "Well, if that's what makes you happy then I certainly can't wait for it sir." Lucas said tipping an imaginary hat at me. Maya shuddered. I groaned in annoyance and turned back to Maya.

"You going to the school dance, Lucas?" Riley asked. "Thought I would, you?" Lucas asked. Maya and I make a gagging sound and Riley turns to us. "You hear me?" Maya asked. We did the gagging sound once again. "You'll both be there. He'll be the one in the cowboy hat going like this." I said. I started doing a cowboy dance and Maya joined in. Riley and Lucas walked away. Everyone claps us on, then we stop. "It isn't for you." Maya said but everyone still clapped. "Okay, fine." I said and we started dancing again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were back at our apartment and Riley was asking mom a question. "Mom, can I ask you a question?" Riley asked we walked over to her who was reading a book with Auggie. "You can ask me a question." Auggie answered.  "It's a girl thing Auggie. You probably won't know or care." I warned him. "You think I don't know about girls?" he asked. "Okay, I'm at a certain age where... " Riley started. "I don't care." He cut her off getting up and walking away.

Riley walked up to Mom. "You're at a certain age?" Mom questioned. "You had to know this was going to happen." Riley told her. "I know a lot of things are going to happen." Mom said. "Which one is this?" she asked. "Makeup." Riley answered. "Oh good." Mom smiled. "I can have some?" Riley asked. "No." Mom answered.  "Why not?" Riley asked. "well, because makeup leads to other things that I-" Maya started. "We have our first school dance on Friday night." Riley told her.

Seeing The World In Color (Girl Meets World Seasons 1-3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें