Chapter 4 - The Clash for London

After the retreating of the Army, they were forced to hold London and delay the Martian forces from taking more lives.

Tons of companies of soldiers strengthened the defenses of London. They were stocked with distress.

They were defending the Heart of the British Empire. If they die here now all hope is lost for their beloved nation.

All citizens are to leave London via ships through the River Blackwater, Essex.

____________________________________________________________

-Naval Dockyard of Harwich-

In the north sea, there were 4 ships in Harwich, Navyard Quay.

It is composed of an aircraft carrier, a light cruiser, a battleship, and a torpedo ram ship.

They were escorting the young torpedo ram ship to the Naval Dockyard to be inspected.

The silence was only to be brought out during the whole trip.

That was until they reached the place, it was heavily fortified.

The docks emptied, no ships on sight at all.

Only a wide lane of pillared grey sheets.

Marines on the dockyard were on guard and when the ships got closer radioed them to halt.

A Marine officer relayed to them.

"Halt! You're trespassing Har-" his words were cut short after failing to notice the Royal Navy flag on all 4 ships.

The girls put their knots onto 1. They all slowed down from the signal.

"My apologies! for windin' you lasses up." said the Marine Officer.

"May your dock for a short amount of time."

HMS Hood: "Why is that?"

"You see... Come on the dock we'll explain the news. It appears you lasses still haven't heard huh?" replied the officer.

HMS Neptune: "Heard what?"

"Just come on over, please. We probably won't have any time left." the officer requested.

They've finally docked, anchors dropped, and the girls dropped down their ships.

HMS Hood: "May you identify yourself to us?"

"Avillion Twoh Rontheesay, lieutenant of the British Royal Marines! 1st Division!" He spoke with vigor.

HMS Hood: "Nice to meet you Sir Avillion. But, what is going on?"

Officer Avillion: "You see Miss Hood, we were attac-"

HMS Hood: "How do you know my name?" She aggressively asked him.

Officer Avillion: "T-that's because I saw you in the headline of our newspaper?" nervously responded back.

HMS Hood: "Oh, carry on then."

Officer Avillion: "Right... We were attacked by somethin-"

HMS Hood: "Sirens!"

Officer Avillion: "What? Where!"

HMS Hood: "We weren't being attacked by Sirens?"

Officer Avillion: "Oh blimey no. You surprised me there. Anyways, we were attacked by creatures!"