forced into a break

he had never been fond of the knights of favonius though he had a past with one. the one who stood out to him the most, the acting grand master. he never knew why she stood out to him. he assumed it was since they practically grew up together and were there for every step of the way to guide eachother along their chosen paths to adulthood but really it was more than that to him. to him she was a dandelion in a sea of silk flowers, the blossom that emerged from the others. it was his way of believing she was extraordinary though in a more extravagant way.

she didn't think much about anything other than work during the hours she'd spend in her office, but if she got enough done she could procrastinate for just a little while. doing so would make her feel ashamed once she realised it as she would not be getting things done but recently work had been slipping her mind a lot due to the thought of him. his crimson hair tied up in a messy low ponytail, his eyes as deep as the ocean if you looked long enough into them, and his smile which he never often showed off but if you knew him well enough perhaps he'd smile slightly when he saw you next. she could feel his presence sometimes whilst she was at hard work, when focus was crucial. she would ignore this during the work hours, but as the hours went by these thoughts would bother her more, especially in her free time.

she started receiving strange letters and gifts at the door of her office. she didn't think much of it until it kept occurring. even lisa, who spends a lot of her time taking naps had noticed this too. as of the recent, lisa hadn't been as lonely as usual during her shift at the library. that same figure from her procrastinations appeared at the library which was strange to the blonde as she never knew he had an interest in reading.

a couple days had passed and he had finally gained the courage he was looking for. after years of a long and painful silence he had finally broken it. he gave her a visit. though the time was not convenient she didn't care, she could manage work and a conversation as it was nothing new.

she could hear the door opening, assuming this was a report for a minor issue she obliged to her workaholic tendencies.

"hello there, are you here to report any affairs the knights can handle?" she enquired

a confused diluc stood before her, though she didn't look up from her work

"no actually, but i have a reason to be here. therefore please listen to what i'm about to tell you" he replied

"is it important or can it wait? i have work to do and i'm already behind, i really need to focus on it and-"

"stop talking." he demanded

the blonde looked up from her work for a moment to see who she was talking to, the realisation hit. it was the figure she had longed to see for years, and she couldn't believe he was talking to her.

"d-diluc? what are you-"

"be quiet" he demanded again

there was a silence from the blonde, giving him a chance to get to his point

"now what i was going to say is that i demand you to take time away from work. you tirelessly fight for mondstadt each day as well as completing this never ending pile of paperwork. you need a break and you are not getting a say in this."

"but i'm behind on my work, if i stop now i'll never catch up with it all.." she complained

"someone can fill in your role for now, but you'll be spending time resting and taking a break from work because that's all you do. to make sure you don't work during this time i will accompany you, no questions asked." he announced

"fine.. i guess i can try. since we haven't talked in years maybe this is a great opportunity for us to catch up, you know?" she said as she was feeling a little disappointed yet excited for him to allow himself time around her