Chapter three: The Emerald Grove Manor

Authors POV
It was the day they'd drive to the Manor. The day they'd say goodbye to the house for almost two months.

Elizaveta tidied up a few last-minute things before she'd decided the house was perfect. It was time to head to the Manor.

The Manor, called the Emerald Grove Manor, was named after the quaint town it resided in. Small communities surrounded it, but Emerald Grove was one of the smallest and the oldest.

Looking out from the balcony of the manor, you could see the entire town. It never took too long to arrive somewhere, even when walking.

Everyone knew each other, no one was a stranger to anyone. And gatherings between the residents were very common.

Feliciano, Ludwig, and their friend, Honda, arrived at the house, via Gilbert picking them up.

Elizaveta brought some bags out into the car. She, Roderich, Vash and Lilli was going in one car. The others would be going in a different car.

"Is that everything? Roderich asked as he carried out a few last bags. Elizaveta finished putting four, quite big bags in the car before she responded. "I think. Could you check just in case?"

Roderich nodded before heading back into the house to check one last time. Lilli and Vash were seated in the back of the car. They were waiting for the drive to start.

"Miss Elizaveta, when are we going?" Lilli questioned as Elizaveta walked by the open car door, where Lilli sat inside. "Soon. Roderich's doing one last check before we go. The other car isn't planning to leave until we go." She answered.

"Okay. I'm very excited to see the Manor!" Lilli exclaimed. She must have thought it was much nicer than it was.

Roderich soon walked out of the house. "That should be all. Let's get going! Your aunt Beatrix is going to be there, yes?" Roderich asked as he stepped into the passenger seat.

Elizaveta would be driving, as she was the only one who knew where it was. It would be a 40-minute drive, so they hopped in the car and started the drive. The sooner they started, the sooner they'd arrive.

—————————
A painstaking 40 minutes of music fights, construction, and carsickness later, they arrived.

Through the mirror that showed the back, Elizaveta could see Lilli was confused. This was the manor? Old? Falling apart? Looking like a haunted house? Yup, that was it.

The four stepped out of the car into the driveway. The sun was like a stove that day, and the heat was hot enough to kill.

Vash took a bucket hat out of his bag and placed it on Lilli's head. The hat was the same colour as the ribbon she always wore.

The other car soon pulled into the driveway too. They all brought some bags in, planning to bring any other bags in after the tour.

As they stepped in, the beauty of the manor was undoubtedly preserved roughly.

The Manor looked old and worn down. It looked like it was from the late 1800s to the early 1900s, home to a rich, aristocratic family who was associated with the government.

The Pendant of the Manor - A Hetalia AU जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें