...CHAPTER XXI...

Start from the beginning

He stumbled back and Draken managed to steady him, their eyes trained on the golden eyed girl who was throwing a tantrum.

Though Naoka didn't see it like that, instead she felt overwhelmed with guilt and patted her head not knowing what to do.

"Mikey always does this! First with Draken now you. I just want to spend time with my best friend!" She cried.

Senju didn't usually act like this. Well she did on certain occasions, but not to the extent Emma was now. It was a shock for the lilac eyed girl, and she didn't know how to handle the situation. This obviously tugged at her heart strings as she has a major soft spot for the girl.

"Oh my god Emma, I'm so sorry." She apologised and Emma hugged her tighter. "I didn't know."

"Will you stay?" Emma asked and Naoka smiled down at the girl.

"Of course."

The boys just watched in confusion, Draken especially. She seemed to have been giddy the entire time they were together earlier, and now she was like a pouring rain cloud.

Mikey felt guilty for making his sister so upset.

Well, that was until Emma sent a devious wink Mikey's way and his jaw dropped in realisation.

He didn't know she had such strong acting skills.

He narrowed his eyes at her as he mouthed "you liar" and she smirked before she pulled away still pretending to be upset.

"Come on, let's go to my room." Emma said tugging Naoka behind her and Mikey flipped her the bird.

Naoka went to have a shower and Emma was still grinning to herself at how well her own plan had worked. 'Have a taste of your own medicine, Mikey.'

She heard the front door open and went out to greet her pissed off brother, Draken having tagged along behind him.

"You sneakily little shit! You manipulated her! That's birthday manipulation!" He exasperated.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Emma said smugly as she picked at her nails which only provoked Mikey further.

"You're just jealous because she likes me better!" He quipped, smirking deviously at his younger sister and Emma's jaw dropped with a gasp.

"That's not true! She was my friend first! Besides, you have Draken!" Emma fired back.

"You can have Ken-chin! Give me Naoka!" Mikey argued causing Draken to look up in shock.

"Wait what?" Draken said incredulously, he was used to them always fighting over him, now it was over Naoka? He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

***

That night, Naoka snuck into Mikey's room while Draken was in the shower which surprised him as to why she was there.

"I just wanted to say good night." She said shyly as she sat down on his bed beside him. "It was nice visiting Shin with you, I hope we can do it more often."

His insides still fluttered with butterflies every time she was so close to him, his face automatically tugging up into a stupid goofy grin.

"Yeah, me to. It was a lot of fun." He agreed. He had felt like their friendship... relationship had gotten deeper from that.

Naoka kind of hesitated for a moment and Mikey cocked his head wondering why.

"Is everything o-"

She took him by surprise by leaning towards him and placing a warm kiss on the cheek. He was so stunned that he turned bright red, his thoughts beginning to get jumbled in his mind.

'Her smell... Oh my god, her lips..."

"Good night, Mikey." She hummed while he was still gapping like a fish. He tried to get words out, but nothing came.

Noticing his speechless state, she decided to head out, hearing the water shut off in the bathroom.

'My first kiss' he thought. Even though it was just on the cheek, it counted. What was even better, was that it was from her, Naoka.

"Oi! Mikey!"

The blonde boy was woken from his thoughts when he looked up at Draken who was waving a hand in his face.

"What is it Ken-chin?" He asked, and Draken clicked his tongue before palming the shorter blondes face making him fall backwards.

"You were totally zoned out, and why are your cheeks so red?" He asked drying his hair and Mikey's hands shot to his cheeks trying to cool himself down.

"Oh, uh its hot in here."

"It's cold as fuck! It's almost winter! What are you on?" Draken fired back causing Mikey to bite the inside of his cheek and turn away.

"Whatever beanpole, just go to sleep already." He huffed, aggressively jumping into his sheets. His eyes slowly fluttered closed until he realised something.

'What an idiot! I forgot to say good night!'

***

Draken woke up in the middle of the night when he heard shuffling. He noticed Mikey dragging his towel as he walked towards Draken with his cheeks red and still sleepy.

"Are you alright? Draken asked concerned with the shorter blonde's state. He looked sick and wondered if that was why he was so red earlier.

"What are you doing up so late? Are you sick?" Draken asked in a croaky voice as he rubbed his neck.

Mikey was shifting strangely, biting the inside of his cheek which caused Draken to cock a brow. He soon realised that Mikey wanted to say something but was too... shy?

'Wait, Mikey shy?'

"H- how do you know when you're in love?" Mikey asked completely catching the tattooed male off guard. He was surprised that Mikey of all people would ask something like that. The boy who not too long ago never had a crush, never took an interest in any girl, never got shy, and now was asking about love?

Crazy.

Now typically, Draken would tease him, payback for all the times he teased him about Emma, but the way Mikey was blushing, and looked so vulnerable right now, he just couldn't do it.

"Well, it's different for everyone. To me, it's a special feeling that you only feel for one person, and one person only. They make you feel happy when no one else can. They can take away the hurt, the pain no matter how bad, everything with just a single smile. their presence alone brings you warmth and relief, and they're on your mind all the time and you can't get them out no matter how hard you try." Draken admitted waiting for some sort of joke that Mikey would crack, but it never came. Instead, the smaller blonde just hugged his towel closer snuggling into it as a small smile graced his lips thinking of the girl that was on his mind 24/7. Draken smiled at his friend, a small sigh leaving his lips as he knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I'm pretty sure that when you know, you know Mikey."

~*~