Chapter 4: An Unfamiliar Face

Start from the beginning

"What." Cat Noir utters, facing the ground.

"Uhh, the new one, I mean." You mumble softly after a few moments of nothing, trying to read the expression on his face which was hard as it seemed to change every now and then. You drop your hand and hesitantly touch his arm, which flinched away just as his face morphed into one of disbelief.

"You can't replace her! Ladybug doesn't give up, she'd never!" You hear the doubt in his voice, and you feel your heart ache for him.

She didn't tell him.

"Ladybug didn't tell you, did she. I guess you could say she retired," You let out a laugh hoping to ease the tension. You continue when you're answered with silence. "She just couldn't handle the pressure anymore."

"No, it can't be." Cat Noir looks at you with a pained expression before he stares at you sharply, shaking his head violently.

"Haha, you really think I would believe that. You're an akumatized villain under Hawkmoth's control." He lunges at you, and you duck just in time, grabbing him by the arm firmly.

"Look, it doesn't matter right now. We have a rampant shapeshifting whoever, on the loose. We'll talk later." You jump off the edge, not waiting for a reply.

[][][][][]

Was that too mean? Please he deserved it. Shut up! No, you!

You land on the Eiffel Tower, a certain blonde cat, though reluctant, following behind you.

Where are they? 

You and Cat Noir wait, the tension between the two of you, yet to subside. You wanted to yell at him a bit more to be respectful but you couldn't after the knowledge that his previous partner didn't think to tell him she quit.

Why didn't she tell him? He deserves to know the most.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Chameleon, who had sent a punch to your chest, causing you to ram into the metal poles behind you, your breath leaving your lungs entirely. You swore you felt your back crack at the collision but you force yourself to move out of the way before he finished you.

Okay, that little boy packs a punch. Literally. It's time to use my power right? Okay, here it goes.

"Lucky Charm!" A polka-dotted T-shirt drops from the sky and you elegantly catch it before looking around.

Cat Noir pushes you, probably to avoid another potentially wind-stealing blow, and you inwardly curse at the position the two of you were getting into recently, your red face betraying everything despite the fact that you were still mad at him.

What is happening here!?

The two of you roll off the edge of the Eiffel Tower, attempting to defend once again, a probably hard hit. You land on the counter, snickering slightly at the sight of Cat Noir flat on his face, before reaching for the clam beside you. (A/n: I don't know is it a clam or a muscle? lol)

You glance at Quentin inching closer and press it against his lips, magically turning him into a clam himself.

So that's how it works. I was wondering why he wanted to kiss us.

"Waiter, if you don't mind." You say to the blonde lady on the other side of the counter, handing her your lucky charm as well as the clam that currently had some random person inside it.

She opens it for you, and inside is a small earring that you swear you've seen before. You pinch it, and out fly's the weird purple and black butterfly you were hoping to see.