Chapter 2: Rainy Days & Rainbow Umbrellas

Start from the beginning

"Not gonna lie dude, you look bad" Nino exclaims, punching his friend's shoulder jokingly.

"Haha, Thanks a lot dude" Adrien replies, faking his excitement, hoping to keep Nino off of his back as to why he was so out of it today

[][][][][]

8:07 am Monday -

Marinette woke up to the sound of her own heartbeat escalating. Thump. Thump. Thump. She had sweat dripping off her body and her raven hair was plastered to her forehead. She sighs. It was just a nightmare. Tikki hovers over her, a concerned expression taking over her features.

"Marinette, are you ok?" Tikki asks gently. She knew about the nightmares but it didn't put her mind at ease knowing her owner was constantly screaming out in the middle of the night.

"No" Marinette mumbles quietly. It was the worst one of them all.

Ladybug was standing on the Eiffel tower watching as the whole of Paris burned down in flames. She turned to her side to see her trusted partner, Cat Noir clutching his arm in pain. He had a look of disappointment and had tears running down his cheeks.

"How could you do this?" He mumbles, but realisation strikes him and he yells the next time. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS. It's your fault"

"I know but I can fix it. Please Cat" She replies to him. She hated seeing him this way.

"NO. You can't." He turns around and walks away, never to return again.

"Tikki, I can't do this" Marinette says after what felt like an eternity.

"What do you mean. You're an amazing Ladybug, I mean Hero's day." Tikki is left flabbergasted at what her owner just said.

"I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE TIKKI! Being Ladybug. There's too much pressure. I hate lying to my parents, Alya, Nino, Adrien and Luka. I hate how teachers give me detention because I'm late even though I'm out saving Paris. I JUST HATE IT." Marinette screams but feels the weight on her shoulder drop dead to the floor. She locks eyes on to Tikki's unreadable expression.

"Okay then. I get it, Marinette. I know it's a lot of pressure. You can return your miraculous to Master Fu and he can handle things." Tikki says solemnly. She would miss her very much but knew that she couldn't force her to keep the ladybug earrings. It was her choice. "But you should tell Cat Noir. He deserves to know"

"I can't Tikki. It would hurt too much seeing his face, knowing that I let him down. But please tell Master Fu to tell him I'm sorry." The bluenette looks down. She knew it would hurt him just as much as it hurt her, but she couldn't face him after the way she broke down during Sandboy. Tikki disagrees with the girl but nods nonetheless.

"Thanks, Tikki" Marinette smiles at her softly. "I'm going to miss you a lot"

"Me too Marinette, me too"

[][][][][]

4:45 pm Monday -

After escaping your mom's chain of pressing questions you climb up the stairs to your new room, which had boxes yet to be cleaned out. The apartment your mother bought was pretty small as it was just the two of you. Your room was a cleared out attic that had windows and a balcony.

It was your first day in a new school not to mention a new country and already your backpack was full of homework to complete. Groaning you flop onto your bed before catching sight of a box on your bedside table.

"What's this? You mumble to yourself, reaching towards it. The box was black that had red intricate designs written across it, and it was shaped into an octagon.