Chapter 39: A day to remember

Start from the beginning

Everyone either grunts or politely says good except Ej who never does what others want and he instead says, 'F*cking terrific.' with all the sarcasm in the world.

"Okay..." Morgen side eyes Ej but we all keep moving.

"Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here!" The annoyingly bratty voice of Skylar calls out from beside the lake. Seriously this keeps happening, she keeps finding us 'accidentally.'

"Yes, isn't this a surprise we totally don't live in this house." Ria mutters and walks into the house followed by everyone else.

"Sorry we can't stay families are here." Zim waves and hurries inside.

I feel something pressing against my leg and look down to see Titan, "Hey Titan." I scratch his ears affectionately and he runs off up the stairs to go to Ria's room presumably.

"Hey everyone!" Uncle Blake and Uncle Jer walk into the room, "Why do you all look so annoyed? I was just saying hi." Uncle Jer fakes hurt and sits down on the couch.

"It's not you Uncle Jer, there's this girl and she's seriously stalking us she keeps turning up 'coincidentally'." Ria grumbles and the rest of us nod.

She has invaded all of our lives at least twice each today, it's getting stalkerish.

"Maybe she just wants to be friends with you guys." He shrugs like it's no big deal.

"Maybe..." Zim says shrugging back.

"RIAAAAA!" An excited little voice shrieks running into the room, the little blur leaps at Ria who catches her.

"Hey Petal, how was your day?" Ria asks the little girl... who is Ej's little sister.

"Good, we went shopping! I bought a top just like yours and pants like yours too, but Mummy wouldn't let me buy shoes like yours because they are big girl shoes." The small human rambles on.

"Aww, I'm flattered." Ria pouts playfully at the young girl who grins happily and clings to Ria even more.

"Ouch Rose, my feelings, I've been betrayed!" Ej fanes hurt making Rose giggle uncontrollably.

"Ria is so cool! You're my brother, who's not as cool." Rose sasses.

"Burnedd." Callum hollars.

We all laugh and Rose hides her face embarrassed.

Eventually night comes and we all do our own things with our families before they leave. Ria and I are currently in town with our Uncles, cousins and Aunt Hayley having dinner.

"I take it Daphne never came back?" I whisper to Ria.

"Pfffft, that woman holds grudges longer than me." Ria whispers back. If that's the truth that is a long time to hold a grudge. Once I stole the last ice-cream, it was Ria's favourite too, she wouldn't talk to me for like a week. Okay I may have also danced in front of her with it and like mocked her... but it was an impressive length of time to hold a grudge.

"Well you might not see her for like... a month then." I chuckle and Ria pouts acting wounded by my words.

The night goes without any issues and around 10, Morgen, Ria and I say goodbye to everyone. Uncle Blake is staying with his brother for a little while but we had school so we needed to get home.

That night when I fell asleep I dreamed. I dreamed of a man whose face I couldn't see, two girls, one larger more like a bodyguard and the other smaller and in charge. The guy without a face was older then the two girls but commanded the room.

"Are they under your spell?" The guy speaks, his voice gruff and commanding.

"Yes Master, if the bond is broken they are killed. We can use them against their friends now." The smaller girls voice sounds familiar but I can't place it, the dream is hazy and suddenly I sit bolt upright. The memory lingering and instead of thinking I run over to Ria's room banging on the door.