Getting the crew back together

(Edited)

Today was going much better. Moose and I got a hold of the crew and they happily agreed to meet us somewhere. But the first thing we needed to do, was get Luke back on track. He's so bummed out and he feels like he let us down. We're about to change his mind, and then we're going to win the freakin battle. Jason told us that he's been working at a diner. I can guess how he feels about that. Moose and I walked in and sat down at a booth with some newspapers.

"Hey Vince, I need a coffee on table eight" Luke's voice says. He walks to the table behind. "Everything alright?" Moose and I then lower our papers and clear our throats.

"Excuse me, what do we have to do to get a menu around here?" Moose asks. I give him a cheesy smile. Luke's face drops.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I have two things to say to you. He'll have an egg salad sandwich and I'll have the turkey, and I still think we can win the World Jam and get the house back" I smile with a wink. He sighs.

"I'm out of egg salad and you two are out of your mind" Luke says walking away Moose and I look at each other.

"I thought that's why you liked us?" Moose says.

"So I don't get my turkey sandwich?" I pout. He ignores me.

"Well, but you're still crazy, because we have nobody left"

"But we're here. Means we got two back" Moose says.

"Luke, you're the only one that can get everybody back together to save your house. This is your family. The pirates just need your leadership, that's it" I say.

"They don't need me. I took what my parents gave me and threw it away" Luke says.

"You really don't know what you've done?" I ask stopping him with my hand. I shake my head.

"Luke, you have these people a place to live out their dreams and be who they really are. Sit down, man" Moose says.

"Guys I got tables to work" Luke says.

"No, no. Just take a seat" I say shoving him into the booth.

"You're freakishly strong" he mumbles. I roll my eyes with a small smile. "This better be quick"

"You never asked me, or Lune for that matter, why we love to dance" Moose says.

"You wanna know why?" I ask. Luke just stares.

"We dance because dance can change things. One move can set a whole generation free, like Elvis" Moose says and we begin to dance together in the middle on the diner like Elvis Presley. People around us stared.

"One move can make your believe like you're something more. Remember this one?"

Moose does the moon walk and I chuckle.

"Ow!" He shouts like Micheal Jackson. I cover my face and laugh. Luke smiles embarrassed.

"Moose, Lune get him to sit down before you and him make a fool out of all of us" He says. Moose and I sit down in the booth across from Luke. Him and I just smile at him.

"And some moves...can give a skinny, curly haired kid...that just wants to dance...some hope. Hope that he's actually special" Moose says. I glance at him in admiration. Luke nods his head with a smile.

"I dance because you feel like you're never alone. Your moves tell a story, and that story is life. It's just all one big family of dancers" I say. The glimmer in Luke's eyes makes my body flutter in excitement. He's totally in.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Hello. Coffee. Decaf, don't want it. Regular?" A man at a table says. I raise an eyebrow at Luke. He chuckles and gets up.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I can't do regular. I tried, it's just not me" Luke says as he unties his apron. Moose and I do do our fist bump and jump out of the booth.

"I've been waiting here for 30 minutes!" The man says.

"Heyyyyy! He can't do regular. The man said" Moose says.

"Yeah great, Fred Astaire. I didn't pay for a floor show, I paid for some coffee" The guy scoffs. I laugh and pull him out of the diner with Luke.

"Okay, that's cool, but now how are we gonna get everyone together.." Luke says.

"We had to get everybody here somehow, man" I say as Luke's eyes land on the crew who are waiting for us outside. They all smile.

"Man did I miss you guys" Luke says. "My mornings are way to quiet without you guys yapping" He points to the twins.

"You see? I told you he would miss us" Marcos says.

"Okay, okay you're right" Martin says.

"Look, I know the odds are against us. We have no house, no routine. Hell, I don't even know how we're going to do this. But I believe in us and I know you do too" Luke says.

"That's what I'm talking about" Jacob says.

"Look, we've come way too far to stop now. I know we can win this" Luke says. Everyone starts chanting.

"We be the Pirates. We be the Pirates"

I look over to Moose who smiles at the group.

"We did good" I say. He looks at me and his teeth show.

"Yeah we did" he says throwing his arm over my shoulder and kissing my temple.

"Woah woah woah, when did this happen?" Jacob asks. Moose and I look at each other awkwardly.

"Uhhh, a couple days ago?" I say scratching the back of my neck. They all laugh and dig out their wallets handing each other money. Moose and I's mouths fall open.

"I knew it"

"I told you"

"Pay up"

"Finally"

We look at each other with dumbfounded expressions. Was it that obvious? I mean I always felt a certain attraction to the boy. We then laugh and shake our heads.

"But we still don't have a place to rehearse" Jacob says.

"Oh don't worry about it. Moose says he found us a place" Luke says. I look over at Moose who has a small smirk on his face. I have yet to see this place he's been talking about. He told me about his old crew and how he made a few calls, I'm excited to meet them.