Beggin'

(Edited)

Moose and I had a plan. Sit next to each other during the test, like we always do, finish at the same time, and then bike as fast as we can to the battle. It was a low blow, but we could possibly pull it off.

We walked into the classroom and there were dividers set up on each of the tables. We set our bags down and took our seats.

"Once I hand these papers out, begin and no talking. These are worth 25% of your grade, take your time. Once you're finished bring it up and then you may leave if you finish early. You have 2 hours" The teacher says. Moose and I sigh and do our handshake for good luck. We received our papers and immediately began writing. I read the questions fast but not to the point I couldn't focus on what the question was asking. While writing I felt my phone buzz, Moose's must have as well because he took his phone out as I did. I looked and saw a text from Luke.

GET OVER HERE NOW.
YOU'RE LATE.

Moose and I shared glances. We went back to writing and my leg was bouncing from stress. We have to make it. I zoomed through the questions like a wizard. Why did I have to be an electrical engineer major? I was on the last question. It was a written response and I felt my excitement building up. Almost done and......I finished. I closed the booklet and looked over at Moose who finished literally at the same time as me. We look at each other smiling slightly and gave our exams to the teacher before bolting out of the classroom. We slid down the halls and out to get our bikes. We rushed up to them and hopped on them before pedalling off.

I saw the building where the battle was come into view and we pedalled harder. I was panting like a dog. We made it and rode into the building not caring to hop off the bikes. I heard the song Beggin' by Madcon playing. The crowd of people gasped when we barged in and moved out of the way. Moose slid further then me and hit a lever that turned on a water setting causing the floor the get wet. We ran up onto the stage and everyone came up to us.

"You just ruined the floor" Carlos says. Moose and I look glance at each other before the beat drops and we start dancing.

The music faded as Moose and I spit the water out of our mouths. We didn't plan that at all which made me realize how much we think a like. We turned to each other with looks of surprise before laughing. Everyone was drenched in water. Flashback to a couple days ago. The familiar cheering rang through the room as all of us jumped up and down at the fact we won again. People were shaking our bodies because we made it in time and the water stunt we pulled. My smile was the widest it had ever been before. I didn't have to be so closed off all the time after all. Moose lifted both of his hands up for a high five and I lifted mine and they connected. I laughed in victory and we pulled each other into a short hug.

We all made our way back to the pirate building. All the way their we talked about how awesome that battle was. The water was actually the perfect thing that made us win. Moose said that he's danced in the rain before with a different crew. The MSA crew from high school. I'll have to thank them.

Everyone came to the agreement of doing karaoke. So now Jason has the Mike in his hand Singing Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar as we all nodded our heads and sang along. Moose was playing the fake electric guitar and Jacob played the fake drums.

"Hit me with your best shot, ah ah ah ah" Jason sings. The twins were dancing in sync as the twirled me. I laugh and dance with them. These people really have are an impact on me. It made me sad thinking what would happen when the World jam ended. Do we just go back to our normal lives and never see each other again? This is why I don't get close to people. Because some time or another they leave.

"Yo hold up. Cut the music. Cut the music!" Luke suddenly says. We shut the music off and we all gather around Luke and his laptop still laughing gleefully unaware to the video on Luke's screen.

"You guys need to see this"

All our faces drop at the leaked video of our dance for the world jam. What the hell?

"What is this?" Carlos asks.

"It's our entire routine" Natalie says.

"I can't believe this. They know our whole set" Jason sighs.

"What a minute, who would do that?" Moose asks.

"Julian And the samurai" Luke says.

"How could they get our rehearsal footage?" I ask.

"Does anyone have any DVD's?" Luke asks. A bunch of people nod. He sighs. "Well we just gotta figure something out"

Moose and I look at each other dreadfully. We worked so hard on that routine. It was a winner, and now the whole world sees it.

————

Short chapter, I know, but don't forget to vote please! <3