"Answer the question, Amara." Faith giggled with a mockingly serious tone.

"We may have kissed..." Amara's smile grew wider than Faith had ever seen before,"It was a nice night."

"I bet," Faith laughed, "I still think you can do so much better than Abraxas Malfoy, Amara."

"I know I can," Amara laughed, sending the two girls into roars of laughter.

"Hey, guys, wait for me!" Faith was running after Lottie and Daniel

"Hey, guys, wait for me!" Faith was running after Lottie and Daniel. They were standing by the great lake wearing wolly jumpers and their ravenclaw scarfs.

"Um, hello?" Faith smiled, confused as she reached her two friends on the shore of the lake. They did not speak to her, and Lottie was glaring at Faith coldly.

"Hello, Faith." Lottie spoke sharply.

"Hi? What's wrong with you both?" Faith asked, her stomach twisting.

"Andrew told us what you did, Faith." Lottie answered, bitterly spitting out the words as if they were sour to the taste.

"You're mad at me for rejecting him?" Faith asked in disbelief, "Would you prefer me to fake feelings for him?"

"You kissed him, Faith. And then, you changed your mind. You then, to top it all off, proceed to ditch him, your own date, to 'hang out' with Tom Riddle of all people." Lottie furiously spat.

Faith felt her insides ache. "No, it wasn't like that Lottie. I was confused, I'm sorry-" Faith felt herself desperately utter jumbled words in fear. She had never seen Lottie this angry at her. In fact, Lottie had never been angry with her before.

"Don't act so stupid, Faith. Tom Riddle?" She laughed, an irritated laugh, "Yet another loathsome slytherin boy," she shook her head.

"No, he's not-"

"Oh yeah, isn't he friends with the lot of those revolting pure blood elitist slytherins? Isn't he like, their creepy leader?" Lottie interupted, her cheeks red with anger.

"Lottie, listen to yourself, Tom Riddle is not like them, he's-"

"Oh wait, I forgot. You're one of them, aren't you?" She yelled,"It checks out, Faith. Slytherin, pureblood, cruel." Lottie was shouting at this point, making students around them turn around.

Faith stood in shock, her cheeks burning, tears streaming down her face, her stomach twisting uncontrollably.

"Lottie, please just listen to me-"

"No, I won't." Lottie abruptly pushed Faith out of her way fiercely, walking back up to the castle.

Feeling lightheaded, Faith collapsed next to a tree on the lake shore, trying to catch her breath. Daniel finally turned towards her; he did not look as angry as Lottie, only upset and confused. He sat next to Faith.

"I'm really sorry." Faith cried.

"You should apologise to Andrew, not me." Daniel said, his tone softer than Lottie's, while still sharp. "I don't blame you for rejecting Andrew, Faith. But why did you have to ditch him? You should have seen how excited he was for that date."

"I know, I shouldn't have, but I the moment, I just had to go." Faith realised how stupid that excuse sounded as it rolled off her tounge.

"And why were you with Tom Riddle?"

Faith shook her head, "I don't know... he was there, and I was upset, so he stayed. It's not like anything happened between us, I don't know why Lottie suddenly assumes I have feelings for Tom."

"Well, you have to admit, you and Tom being the only two missing from the dinner would have looked suspicious, especially to a heartbroken Andrew." Daniel spoke calmly, while still having a cold hue in his speech.

"Yeah." Faith wiped the tears off her face, "Do you think Lottie meant what she said? That she thinks I'm one of them, a pureblood elitist?" She looked at Daniel with desperate wode eyes.

"She was angry, Faith. But you have to agree that associating with 'that group' of slytherins is not good for your image. Especially coming from your family, and considering who your brother is, I suppose it can be difficult to distinguish you from them."

Daniel's words pierced Faith's heart like a spear. The amount of emotions Faith was experiencing left her  feeling as though she'd just been hit by a tornado of anguish and betrayal. Is that really how her own friends see her?

"I wouldn't try to sit with us for a while, I'm sorry Faith. I know that you're sorry and never meant for this, but I think you should wait for things to settle down first." Daniel spoke, getting to his feat.

"I understand," Faith replied, sighing tiredly as she watched Daneil walk away, leaving her staring into the serene, glistening lake, tears blurring her vision of the blue sparkling waters.

Note: Hi :)
I probably should be sleeping lmao but I decided to write instead, and I have had a lot of fun writing these past few chapters.
I hope you're enjoying it lol:D