The date - 2

"Are you ready yet?" Hailey murmured from the other side of the dressing room door."Yeah, I kind of like that," you said, opening the door and smiling at your best friend. You stepped out of the dressing room and did a little twirling in the full-length mirror on the wall. The outfit was perfect.

"What if he doesn't like it?" you asked, "What if he thinks I'm showing too much skin, or...or thinks I don't look decent enough?"Are you kidding? You look hot, he'll drool at the sight of you. Don't think about it, please? It'll be fine." She smiled warmly.

"I know Hailey. I'm sorry. I'm- I'm just nervous."Hailey put her hand on your shoulder. "Do you think he's nervous too?" she murmured."Honestly no."

"Please relax for me. Do that tonight, see how it goes, get to know him a little better and see what you think. If you don't like it, then you don't have to go out with him again. But give it a chance, okay? At least in a more intimate setting."You took a deep breath and closed your eyes while exhaling deeply."Okay," you whisper. "I can do this,"

...

Harry paced. He ran his fingers vigorously through his hair and paced."I can't, Grimm. I can't." Harry panicked."Harold, stop acting like a kid and be a man. She seemed like a pretty girl at the party a few nights ago, I'm sure it'll be fine." Grimmy assured him.

"What if she's not into me like I thought she was at the party? What if she finds out she doesn't like me as much as she thought she did the other night." Harry was a nervous wreck and it only made things worse when he looked at the clock on the wall, making him sick."Would you shut up? She will like you, Harry. She'd be crazy to turn down a second date." Nick smiled while sipping his cup of tea.

Harry took a deep breath and let it out slowly as he sat down on the sofa, grabbed his boots and slipped them on over his feet."Have fun tonight, Styles. The mission tonight is just to get to know her better, somewhere more intimate than a birthday party."Harry's head snapped up at Nick as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Sorry, Grimm. That was not necessary. I have more respect for her."

"Everything looks alright?" Harry asked before grabbing the doorknob."You look good, Styles. Now go call me when it's over and give me the details." He grinned. Harry rolled his eyes and grinned as he opened the door to leave Nick's apartment. As Harry walked a few blocks down the street to the coffee shop, Harry pulled out his phone. It was a text from you.

Y/n: I won't be late, I promise. I'm going out now. See you later. x

When he reached the cafe, he went inside and found an empty booth at the back of the window. Harry had arrived early but as soon as the clock struck 6 pm you walked through the door. Harry watched as the lady at the counter pointed her in his direction. When your gaze landed on him, he sent you a warm smile and a small wave.

"Hi, how are you?" Harry greeted, getting up from his seat in the booth to hug you and kiss you on the cheek."I'm fine, thanks. How about you?" You smiled as you sat across from him in the booth."Great. I wrote a little more with the guys over the weekend and went to the studios a few times."

"That's exciting. I didn't do much. Yesterday Hailey and I watched FRIENDS for half the day." You chuckle."You look lovely," Harry murmured from across the table as you stared out the window."Oh, thanks. You look good too," you smiled. What you both ordered was placed in front of you and you started talking about Nick's party and how delicious the cake was.