Chapter 8

*A Couple Days Later*

Liyah: *she's ready to train* "I'm ready for my training Your Highness" *she bows*
Zuko: "Please, don't call me that. Just address me as Zuko"
Liyah: "Oh right sorry!...You said to call your name when it's just us" *she chuckles and she blushes in embarrassment*
Zuko: "Yeah. Are you ready to begin?"
Liyah: "I am...Zuko" *she nods and she smiles* "I've never trained with weapons before since I solely use my waterbending but I'll do my best!" *she says determinedly*
Zuko: *he nods* "The important thing to remember about dual broadswords is that they're not separate blades. They're two halves of the same whole. When you move one, you move the other" *he explains as he demonstrates*
Liyah: "Just like water...You can't separate it or force it but you can flow with it"
Zuko: "I guess so" *he goes to her and he holds out the swords* "Keep a firm grip on the hilts"
Liyah: "Okay" *she nods then she takes the swords and grips them by the hilts* "Like this Zuko?"
Zuko: "Yeah. Now bend your elbows and hold them like this" *he demonstrates*
Liyah: *she bends her elbows and she holds them like he demonstrated* "Like this?"
Zuko: *he goes to her and he helps adjust her arms* "Like this"
Liyah: *she blushes hard* "Oh...R-right"
Zuko: "How's that feel? Are they heavy?"
Liyah: "It feels more better when you moved me like this while I'm holding them like this" *she smiles*
Zuko: "Alright. So when you move the blades, you always go across the body like this" *he moves his arms to demonstrate* "You keep one in front, and the other stays on the other side, so you never leave yourself open"
Liyah: "Oh I see!" *she moves her arms too and she follows his demonstration again*
Zuko: "There you go. Start slow. Feel the movements"
Liyah: "Okay...Feeling the movements" *she closes her eyes and she starts to feel the movements*
Zuko: *he watches*
Liyah: *as she continues to feel the movements water starts to fly all around her as she moves with the swords*
Zuko: "Whoa" *he gets surprised*
Liyah: *she hears him then she opens her eyes and stops* "Huh? Zuko? Is something wrong?" *the water then falls onto the ground as she stops* "Oh"
Zuko: "That was...interesting"
Liyah: "I-I'm sorry...That was probably embarrassing" *she chuckles and she blushes in embarrassment again*
Zuko: "No. That's an added line of defense. You should try to keep doing that"
Liyah: "By moving the swords with my waterbending?"
Zuko: "Well I meant more waterbending with the swords actually"
Liyah: "Oh! I see...Well I did feel...good and using the swords with my waterbending felt like they were...working in harmony...If that makes any sense" *she chuckles and blushes in embarrassment again as she explains what she was feeling*
Zuko: "Whatever feels right to you, you should do it"
Liyah: "You think so Zuko?"
Zuko: "Yeah" *he nods*
Liyah: "I'll do it then!" *she smiles* "I didn't scare you did I?"
Zuko: "Just a little surprised. I've never seen waterbending fully before"
Liyah: "Oh I see!...Well maybe I can demonstrate for you sometime if you'd like Zuko" *she offers and she smiles*
Zuko: "Demonstrate?"
Liyah: "Yeah! I can show you more of my waterbending!"
Zuko: "Alright. Maybe some other time" *he agrees*
Liyah: "Okay! Whenever you're free next" *she smiles again*

*After Training*

Liyah: "Thank you for training me Zuko...I hope I didn't keep you or held you up with anything"
Zuko: "You didn't. I offered to teach you and I meant it"
Liyah: *she smiles happily* "Thank you so much Zuko...I enjoy your company very much"
Zuko: "Me too" *he manages a smile*
Liyah: *she blushes hard from seeing his beautiful smile* "U-um u-uh u-until another session with my training and with showing you my waterbending?"
Zuko: "Yep. Sounds good" *he says, awkwardly looking away*
Liyah: *she feels awkward too* "Until then Zuko" *she bows then she waves as she leaves* "Bye!"
Zuko: "Bye Liyah"
Liyah: *she smiles to herself as she leaves*

To Be Continued