Ep. 6 Loss

He went off like nothing happened leaving me confused. I was standing there dumbfounded when suddenly my phone rang. I took my phone from my pocket and saw that it was dad. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath before answering.

" Yes? " I said calmly while watching K disappear behind the wall.

" Your mother passed away," he said.

I was never the one who everyone loved from the family. My younger sister was always the one having all the love from the whole family while I just had Ming. I did everything just to get on their good side. To make them love me as they should do. I did my best at school and college and still, it didn't work. I became popular among dancers, and hospitals, and all they did, was just used the money I made. I have never had a family in America. My whole family was and still is - Ming. The only supporter I had after my grandfather passed away. Dad was never there for me. As I remember I was always abused by him. My mom was a bit better. She used to buy me clothes, and make sure I eat but never asked me how am I, never talked to me about girls' stuff and it made me sad. My sister? She was supportive, but when I moved to my apartment we became distant. Of course, the thought of losing a family member is terrible.

" What do you mean passed away? " I asked the question for the first time in two years.

" It's your fault that you never came back after moving and stopped talking to her. She was heartbroken. The blood made its way to her head and being the worst daughter you ran away and doctors couldn't save her. It's all your fault. Never show up in this country again. " When he finished talking he hung up.

I stood there still holding the phone in the same position, still trying to figure out what just happened. I really couldn't understand why was she suffering when I left. Wasn't she the one who wanted me to disappear, to run away? Something was stabbing my heart. The tear left my eye and I had no idea why. Why do I cry because I lost a mom which I never had? Why do I feel heartbroken when all they did was use me? Why do I struggle to breathe when I know that she would never do that for me? Why do I feel that it's my fault even when she kicked me out of the house? Am I that pathetic?  Was K right? Am I a trashy thing? Don't I deserve to be happy? Do I have to feel bad about everything I haven't done? Those questions wouldn't leave my mind. My heart was heavy, my head was heavy, and my whole body was heavy. Before I could process the information I saw black and felt my body touching the cold floor.

K's Point Of View.

In the staff room...

We were all sitting beside the table when Ming rushed into the room. He was panting hard and looked like he was scared of something like someone died.

" Has anyone seen Vivian? " He asked straightforwardly.

" Wasn't she here all the time? " Tong Yao asked him while I was sitting there confused.

" No. She left the room about 2 hours ago and never came back. " Ming was scared. I widened my eyes when I remembered what happened earlier. What if that jerk came back? I knew this was a bad idea to leave her there.

I quickly stood up and rushed out leaving everybody sitting there confused.  I remember where I left her so I rushed to the place near the toilet. Not gonna lie I was a bit scared.  It's not like I care about her, it's just that I was the last person who saw her, so I had to find her. There's no way she could have been kidnapped, so she's lost or locked up in the bathroom. My steps were heavy, but I had no idea why. As I reached the spot I felt something strange.

" Aish! sh!t. " I rushed to the person laying on the floor to make sure that it was not her, but unfortunately it was her. I laid her on her back and took her head into my hands.

" Hey! Vivian. Wake up? Gosh. What happened to you? YA! Are you even alive? " I checked her pulse and thank God it was very close to normal.

" Just don't die. " I told her, most likely I told myself.

I picked her very carefully and carried her bridal style to the staff room. Ming was scared to death seeing her like that, but from his reaction, it looked like he knew what happened.

" Ming. " I said his name and he looked at me.

" Do you know what happened? I know you do. Wanna share? " I stood up from the couch putting Vivian's head on the pillow 'cause her head was resting on my lap.

" The woman who gave birth to her passed away a few hours ago. " I could see hatred in Ming's eyes for the first time and it made me curious.

" Why did you call her that? Isn't she her mother? Why did you say that phrase so annoying?  " Tong Yao looked at Ming.

" When she will be able to tell you, she will. It's not my story to tell. It's her private life and I cannot change that. " Ming said before Rui went in.

" We have to go. Isn't she up yet? " Rui looked at each one of us.

" No. " We all said at the same time.

" I'll carry her to the bus. " Lu Yue stood up, but I stopped him making him frown.

" I started, I'll finish.  " I said as I took her into my arms.