6

2023 - Amazon

Druig got up quickly before running back to the village. Rea was running after him but she lost him. So she ran towards the sounds. That's when she spotted Sersi on the ground, crawling.

"Sersi!" She yelled as a Deviant came running at Sersi. It stopped when it noticed it was getting shot at by the villagers, who no surprise was under Druig's control.

"for fucks sake Druig." Rea whispers to her self before using the roots in the ground to restrain it and she nodded to Sersi to bring the tree down on it. She ran to Druig,

"Druig, please let them go." Rea pleaded with him.

"Now is not the time, Rea." He said,

"Please, you're better than this. You're risking the lives of innocent people." She pleaded with him.
He finally gave in and let them go.

"Go! Get to the river!" He yelled to the villagers, the Deviant was getting ready to escape when Druig grabbed Rea's hand and pulled her away from it. That's when she noticed his arms were showing and she stared at his muscles.

"Now is not the time to be checking me out, my love." He said cheekily with a smile. Rea then spotted the Deviant running at her and Druig. She tried to get the roots to restrain it again but he kept on moving to fast, that's when Ikaris came and killed it.

"Are you okay?" Druig asked Rea as he held her. She nodded and looked at Sersi who was regaining consciousness.

"Sersi! Are you alright?" She asked as she ran up to the women. Sersi nodded and sat up. That's when Rea saw that Ikaris was in trouble so she stabbed the Deviant through the neck with roots from the ground. That's when Sersi joined and it hit her into the water. As Rea helped Ikaris up and looked at the Deviant who was now a tree.

Druig ran to Rea and held her by the waist and stared at the tree. Rea, Sersi,Kingo, Sprite and Druig all followed Ikaris and he lead them to Gilgamesh. Rea shook her head and tears started to fall down her face. She silently cried which Druig noticed and brought her into his embrace.

"It's gonna be okay." He whispered to her to calm her down.

"I don't think it will be." She whispered back as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Later on that night, they burned Gilgamesh's body. Rea held Druig's hand the whole time, Druig wished he could take all of Rea's pain away but he couldn't. So all he could do was comfort her. Karun was reciting scripture in Hindi at the ceremony.

The next morning, Thena was going to spread his ashes. Druig and Rea stood side by side, hand in hand watching Thena from afar. Sersi comes up next to Rea and puts a comforting hand on Rea's shoulder.

"When I left, I thought about taking over the minds of every human on this planet. Violence, fear, greed, all gone." Druig said as he looked at the two girls.

"Why didn't you?" Sersi asked,

"Because without their flaws, they wouldn't be human." Druig answered and it made Rea smile cause he understood.

"Please Druig. You can't stay here anymore. These Deviants are trying to keep us from killing their own kind. They have a conscience now. That makes them more dangerous." Sersi said trying to convince him.

"No, Sersi. That makes them us. Eternals and Deviants. Airshem's children. But you are asking me to take control of a mind of a Celestial. I do not have that kind of power.

"We need Phastos." Rea said with a smile.

"Well, good luck. He gave up on humans a long time ago." Druig said as they watched Thena spread Gilgamesh's ashes.