𝟗. 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Great! He's coming over again! The last time we did that, it was amazing. We cuddled on the couch and had so much fun together, he also spent the in my guest room. Maybe, if he wants to, he can stay over tonight too!

After only a few minutes of waiting, the doorbell rings. I instantly smile, stand up, open the door and let Chris in after saying hi to Sebastian. He drives off again, and Chris and I spend the entire day together.

We watch movies, cuddle up on the couch and talk the whole time. I made us dinner, and after we finished that, we cuddle up on the couch again while a Disney movie plays. I wrap my arm around him, and place my head on his chest.

"Hey Chris?" I ask, looking up to face him while my arm is still wrapped around him. "Yeah?" he silently replies, looking down at me. I really want to ask him out, because I want to get further than the 'talking stage' we're in right now. We've only been on one real date...

I want to date Chris, I really do but now that I'm looking into his eyes, I know that it's okay. It doesn't matter what stage we're in, all that matters is that we're doing okay.

I also noticed that he's looking a little less happy lately, maybe it's because of me... I need to know if we're ever going to make progress in this 'relationship', I need to know what I can do to make him feel better.

"Are you okay?" I ask, and he softly smile at me. "Why?" he asks after just looking at me for a while. "Because you've been looking less happy lately... Is it because of me? Am I making you feel less happy? Because it's okay if you-" I reply, but he interrupts me.

"No, no no no, it's not you. It's definitely not you, baby. I guess, um... I guess it's the wheelchair. I just find it hard that I'm not independent anymore. I'm always dependent on other people now that I can't move my legs, and that sucks" Chris tells, and my eyes slightly tear up while I nod my head.

"I also just want to be able to drive here to see you, I also just want to be able to take you for a walk, even hold your hand during that walk maybe. I want to take you out on a date, pick you up and take you to a restaurant or whatever. But I can't, because I'm in a fucking wheelchair..." he adds, and he gives me a little kiss on my forehead.

" he adds, and he gives me a little kiss on my forehead

"Honey... I-" I silently reply with a shivering voice, but he interrupts me again. "You deserve better than this. Better than me. You deserve a guy who can stand next to you, a guy who can pick you up, a guy who can take you out on actual dates, a guy who can-" he says, but this time, I interrupt him. Not by talking, but by taking his cheeks in my hand and kissing his soft lips.

He holds me a little tighter, and missed me back very gently. I softly smile during the kiss, and feel him doing the same thing until I back off a little.

"Don't you ever, ever say that about yourself ever again, Evans" I say, looking right into his beautiful eyes. "Okay" he whispers with a little smile. "Okay" I also whisper, getting closer to him again.

Our lips softly touch again, while we both smile. We kiss for a while longer, and spend the rest of the night kissing and cuddling each other.

It's true, we haven't actually been on a lot of dates, but we hung out a lot and called each other almost every day!

We had dinner together one time, at a restaurant. That was a date, right? Tonight, I cooked for him, that was a date too! The other times we hung out, we'll call it dates too!

"Okay, I'm picking you up tomorrow night" he says while I help him from the couch to the wheelchair. "You're picking me up? To do what?" I giggle, making him smile. "You'll see. Thank you for today, I had the best time with you" he replies, taking my hand while I bow down.

I tell him that I had an amazing time with him too, and we give each other a kiss before I open the door for him. I wave at them, and get I bed once I'm all done.