✭hyunjin

"hey" you greeted him 

"hi" he breathed out engulfing you in a tight hug.

"i missed you" you both said in sync making you both giggle. 

⫘⫘⫘x⫘⫘⫘ 

after not being able to see each other for  weeks, you both decided to meet up at your university for quick date during  your lunch break. With Hyunjin's growing interest for art, you thought it would be perfect to show him around your campus.

" you don't know how long i've waited for this, what do you want to paint today" you asked giddily as you walked through the corridors.

"hmm" he gave it a thought "how about you love" he said teasingly poking your cheeks.

after finding a quite spot secluded from the crowd you both settled down on your picnic blanket and started drawing in your sketchbooks. it was probably one of the best dates you'd had so far, being outdoors,  stuffing and snacking quickly so that nobody recognises Hyunjin through his mask  while catching up on each other's life and talking about literally anything, it made you feel content.

just when you and Hyunjin were wrapping up your little art session, two of your classmates passed by stopping to greet you and the mysterious stranger you were hanging out with.

"Oh right, this is my boyfriend Jinnie and Jinnie these are my class mates Beomseok and Ara"  you introduce them 

Ara, Beomseok and Hyunjin automatically clicked and started making small talk.It was nice seeing him get along with people you spent  most of your time with  throughout the week. 

"we're you guys sketching right now?" Beomseok asked, his eyes landing on your open sketchbooks.

"oh this- we were, trying to fit in dates during our busy schedules" Hyunjin replied pulling you closer by the shoulders.

"what was it like to sketch with an overly meticulous artist" Ara joked "i tell you she gets very competitive when it comes to art"

Obviously Ara didn't mean to offend you or make you feel bad but it made you feel judged.

were you overly meticulous?

were you really overly annoying?

or were you just plain annoying?

did Hyunjin think the same?

did you really go overboard with everything you do?

were you way to competitive?

deep in thought Hyunjin looked over at you fondly " i think its really fun  to have an overly meticulous girlfriend" he said smiling. 

Ara laughed gushing over how cute the two of you were.

"It's strange how we've never seen you around campus" Beomseok said 

"Oh i dont go here" 

Ara gawked " so you're telling me you draw this well and you don't go here??" 

"art is just a hobby for me" hyunjin replied sheepishly rubbing his neck in embarrassment.

"dude there's no way its just an hobby-" Beomseok said 

"you draw better than us!" he continued 

"i don't think that's possible" he defended himself 

you were quite the whole time, still deep in thought from what Ara had said.You felt untalented standing next to them, hyunjin could dance, sing, rap, choreograph, draw and what not. Ara had a nursing minor and she took dance classes and hosted bake sales. Beomseok had a marketing minor and played basketball for the state and you were just there, an art major and journalism minor, you couldn't bake or sing  nor were good enough at anything to represent your state.  

Hyunjin  noticed you spacing out and slightly nudged your shoulder, breaking your trance you look up to him and give him a small smile. Ara and Beomseok soon left  to get lunch. 

He noticed how quite you were the whole time after the comment Ara left and it saddened him to see you judge yourself, he hated how you'd get insecure about how talented you were and how you questioned yourself.He was well aware of your anxiety and how you would completely shut out people when you felt bad and he hated every bit of it. He wanted you to realise how talented you were and how much potential you held and how beautiful you were, he wanted to make that toxic mentality of yours to vanish.

he slowly approached you wrapping his arms around your waist from the back leaving a small kiss on your forehead. 

"Hyunjin, we're in public" you murmur

"i don't care" he said "i want you to stop overthinking so much"

"i'm not-" 

" please don't hide how you feel from me" he turned you around so he could get a better look at you his gaze filled with sincerity and love  

" you're  so beautiful and so talented love, it hurts me, hurts me so much when you judge yourself, when you start feeling insecure because you don't realise how beautiful and talented you are"

"you don't have to lie to make me feel better hyun"  

" You're the one who got a scholarship  in the country's best art school, you were the one who got selected for the art expo to represent your school and you are also the only person who makes me the happiest." he said sincerity filling his eye

"I-" 

"you can be in denial as long as you want love  and think i'm lying but if it helps i'm going to text you and call you and tell you how much you mean to me, everyday, for the rest of my life" 

you hugged him tight a small tear trickling down your face, he cupped your cheeks and wiped the stray tear placing a light peck on your forehead.

"i know it isn't easy but please try to not overthink ,try to appreciate yourself  see yourself how i see you, perfect" 

" i'm sorry" you sobbed "i ruined the date i'm so sorry, you were supposed to relax not this-"

"i think it went just fine love, at least i can say people draw me" he said giving that cocky smile of his at the end.

"HWANG HYUNJIN" you gasp 

"so this was your plan all along- GET YOUR ASS HERE"  you shout 

he started running around the field as you chased him,  as both your laughters echoed, the melancholy vanished as if it was never their to start with. At least the day ended on a good note.