"That banquet is strictly a family thing and to them, bringing me to it was like Harvey bringing his significant other when in reality, he just wanted someone there that wasn't family because of how overbearing they are"

"There was a misunderstanding about the whole thing and eventually, his oldest brother and I got into it. He said some shit about how I could never be with Harvey because it'd be ruining his future and his chances of ever having a family. I couldn't control my anger so I punched him and then we started fighting"

As Jamie recalled the events that happened that night, it was clear that he regretted what he did. Likely thinking that maybe if he had gone about it in a different way, then they wouldn't still dislike him so much.

"Maybe someday you guys can take the chance to discuss what happened, it's better to explain and understand than to leave the problem to fester" I said.

Jamie sighed.

"I don't know. I'd love to get along with them but it seems the only one who can stand the sight of me is his little sister" He said and I reached over to give him a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"Someday you'll get the chance, especially if you plan on being with Harvey" I said and Jamie chuckled.

"If that ever happens..." he said as he averted his eyes to his hands.

"I thought you guys confessed to each other?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, but I don't really know what's going on right now. We've kissed a little but Harvey needs time, I can tell he's still trying to get used to the idea of us being something other than best friends" Jamie said.

"Just be patient. I was the same, it was strange thinking that I was dating someone I originally disliked and it took me some time to get used to" I said and Jamie gave a little smile.

"You know, I used to think Harvey had some kind of crush on you" he said and my eyes widened.

That's a strange thing to think, I've never gotten those kind of vibes from him. But then again, I didn't even know that I liked Eros...

"He's pretty attached to you if you haven't noticed, you guys hit it off right away. It kind of made me jealous" he admitted.

"Well, I wasn't expecting it either. I did bash his face in and almost stabbed him" I replied and Jamie burst out laughing at the memory.

"Yeah, he was so mad about it for the next couple of days. It's a good thing he's not the type to hold a grudge for too long" Jamie said with a chuckle.

"You two seem to be chatting about something interesting" Mikhail said as he came back in from outside.

"Not really. Was that your girlfriend?" Jamie question and Mikhail nodded.

"Why didn't you bring her?" I asked.

"I would have but she's pretty busy with work" Mikhail said with a sigh.

"Damn, that sucks" Jamie said and Mikhail nodded.

"Maybe next time" I said, making Mikhail give me a smile in response.

"Yeah" he responded and just then, the sound of the front door opening caught our attention.

"No, you really should have seen your face, it was so funny!" Eros' voice filled the room along with his laughter and coming around the corner was Harvey who had a scowl on his face.

"You throwing a fucking bug on me is not funny you asshole!" Harvey exclaimed as he glared at Eros.

"It wasn't even a bug, it was just dirt you scaredy cat" Eros taunted and Harvey glared.