Chapter 4

Bella's POV

We had just finished eating and now I'm taking care of the leftovers that I will probably eat for lunch and maybe dinner tomorrow depending how hungry I get at lunch. All of the spaghetti fits into a medium sized Tupperware dish that I put right in fridge. I hear the water turn on behind me when I shut the fridge and see both Hope and Kaleb starting to do the dishes.

"You guys don't have to do that." I say to them but especially to Hope since she helped clear the table with me and helped with the salad.

"Sure we do, you cooked an awesome meal that you so downplayed and this is us saying thanks." Hope says smiling for the both of them and I can't help smile at her, because her smile is so beautiful and I would have to say she's even more beautiful than any of the Cullen's.

"Why are you guys here?" I say quietly knowing that they can hear me with their enhanced senses and I smile watching her shut the water off now that the sink is full to soak the dishes before they wash them.  She turns to me and makes eye contact and I can see she's looking for the right words to say.

"Just please don't lie to me. I've been lied to so much recently that I feel I'll lose my trust in all people for good if you start to be like them." I say and my eyes start to burn and I look away and put the heels to my hands to my eyes to stop from crying and I don't care if it gives away that I'm weak right now because it still hurts even though I now hate Edward and I don't want to shed anymore tears over them. But angry tears is another story.

I feel feminine warm hands touch my wrists letting me know who it is and I let Hope pull my arms down and I open my eyes to see hers are green and I feel myself wanting to touch her face and I'm glad she has a hold of my wrists grounding me and stopping me from touching her.

"I'm sorry, you've been lied to, but as a Mikaelson I promise to never lie to you and that is a vow and a promise to you. A Mikaleson never breaks a promise or their word." She says and I feel a humming sensation coming from her hands still holding my wrists and I find myself relaxing a nodding. It also helped that she looked sincere. 

"I know you don't know me but you can ask anyone who knows of my family and we don't often make those vows and we don't ever break them either." She says and her eyes are back to blue and I'm loving her eyes and how they change with her emotions.

"Okay." I softly say feeling that I could really trust her for some strange reason and I look down at our hands since she is now holding them and I didn't even notice she let my wrists go. I feel so comfortable in her presence and I feel so calm.

"I feel at home with you? Are you doing something to me?" I suddenly ask and I squeeze her hands looking down between us. I look up seeing her eyes are green again and she has a worried look on her face. I realize her eyes go with her emotions and now I know when she's sad, upset, or worried. I find it fascinating and interesting.

"I promised to tell you the truth, so can we go somewhere to talk. I'd rather do this in private." She says and her thumbs starts caressing my hands that either one of one of us has yet to let go and I'm finding like holding hands with her.

"I'd say upstairs, but I really hate it up there, can we go sit in my truck and talk?" I suggest and she smiles nodding and she lets go of my hands.

Right away I regret letting my hold of her hands go. It makes me wonder if she has a power like Jasper and I follow her to the door and when I get there I pull my converse on.

"We're going to talk out in her truck privately." Hope says and I see them both look at her.  The vampire smiles while Alaric looks slightly concerned but he nods.