Prologue

Splash

"Just the luck I needed..."

Splash Splash

"?"

Splash Splash

"..."

Splash

Stranded on an island is something I would not expect to find myself in. With my wild-like hair flowing from the breeze. To the sound of my armor rustling around. J found myself stranded, to say the least.

"Hmph... I don't feel a connection to my Master."

I, a king can only say, with a raised brow as I remain still, feeling the sand underneath my feet.

I was summoned here by my master... Was I not?

"Aww, man... Not even my own master wanted me? Was I... Abandoned?" I can only sulk, sensing no connection whatsoever with my master. Either I was cut instantly after I got summoned or well... Who knows?

Well, if anything else. This whole thing is a bizarre story of its own. I should fade away from this world sooner or later. Without a connection to anyone to supply me with, my body will not last. Without mana, I'm a goner.

"What a way to die..." A self-deprecating smile erupted on my face. Amused at the fact I'm gonna go out like that... Masterless.

Hmm. Though when I was summoned, I didn't get any information poured into my mind. Was this not a Holy Grail War? Or was I not saving humanity once again? Has the Counter Force gone ahead and done another shenanigan here? Is this a new Lostbelt that will threaten Proper Human History?

If so... Does that mean my dear friend is in dire need of help again?

"Mosi mita!"

"?"

The Heroic Spirit from the Throne of Heroes, known as Mandricardo, king of the Tartars and an Adventurer. The Spirit can only raise a brow at the odd inhuman noises he heard. Turning over as he slowly ascended towards one of the many pillars of rock architecture that was slanted. He looked from his hiding spot and spotted a few inhuman creatures dancing around a fire.

Huh. You don't see that every day.

Are they celebrating?

Oh! I see now! They're but celebrating as the meat that their cooking is well... Cooking.

Amusement was what I felt, to say the least. They don't seem harmful at least... Nor do they look that troublesome.

Snap

The sound of a twig snapping alarmed me. Looking down I saw that I indeed stepped on a twig.

"Ya!"

Welp... They don't seem welcoming now huh? Here I thought I can go away without a problem. Seeing as the monsters charged at me with clubs, I grabbed a hold of my wooden sword.

Seems like negotiations are out of the board huh?

-~-

"..."

Ugh. This is more awkward than I thought.

Usually, I wouldn't mind the loneliness. The silence. The peace. But yet I feel a bit empty from all this. Hmph. Figured. After all, I parted ways with my friend. Probably the person who managed to help me break out of my loner shell and made me socialize. But... I did the right choice. I made sure to say my proper goodbye, a personal battle against the Moon Goddess, Artemis. Having used Durandal and unleashing my second Noble Phantasm to stop the blast from reaching my dear friend and the rest.

My sacrifice was not in vain. Knowing that my dear friend and his allies survive. That they continue moving forward, is enough for me. Wipe those tears away my friend, I hope you were able to let out your sorrow later. Keeping your emotions bottled up will end up making me feel worse than I should.

"Tch..." Man, those days as we fought for our lives were truly memorable to leave an impact on me. Speaking of which. "A slime huh? This world sure has some odd monsters. Then again, that Echidna and even Cerberus were something else. So I guess seeing things like you little guy isn't that odd." I mumbled as I looked down at the slime which surprisingly didn't attack me. Instead, it just got close.

"A friendly slime huh? Well, maybe there is hope for a new friend. What should I call you though? Rimuru? Nah."

Flop

"... You traitor." I can only say as two bigger blobs of slime appeared out of nowhere. The little one on my feet tried to attack me as it got ready to hit me with a rush attack. Heh, just when I was warming up to the little guy. I, Mandricardo, have bad luck as always.

-~-

Can someone save me already... Please? Master? Anyone? This insufferable island is killing me. Either monsters around every corner lurking around. Or the fact that I'm stranded. No other remote islands around to explore.

Ugh...

Either this boredom is killing me or the lack of mana is catching up to me now.

Probably a mixture of both honestly...

With a groan, I lay down by a pillar. My back rests against the stone as I huff. What even was the point of being summoned here if nothing good was gonna happen?

Welp... Guess I'll just live, for now, waiting for my role to be announced, given the Counter Force must have done something. Then again, they did not inform me of mankind's saving whatsoever. So was I deployed for a different reason?

...

...

No. If I was summoned here, then I must find my purpose. I can't just wait around and do nothing. Well, I could. But it doesn't feel right.

Quickly getting up with my sword resting over my shoulder I looked at the water. Guess swimming is my only option now.

-~-

"You alright Mandi?"

"What's up with the sudden nickname?"

"What? I just thought it was better to calm you Mandi for short."

"Nothing. Just reminiscing how I was stranded on an island until I was saved by your crew."

"Ah... Good times. Good times." Beidou said with a smirk. Looking over her Servant with a grin. "How about a drink? I need a bud to drink with me anyway!" She grinned.

"Huh? A drink?" I only looked at my Master with surprise. Then I began thinking a bit. "It's been a while since I've drank with someone. Understood, Master."

"Enough with the Master stuff Mandi, cmon! I told ya to call me Beidou like everyone else." Beidou grinned.

"Hmm." I can only nod in agreement. This is my new Master. Although we don't have a formed contract, I fell upon and joined her crew given that it's my way of repaying them.

"Oi Master. Don't go giving me hardcore liquor anyway. Just root beer is fine."

"You're no fun, Mandi. Live a little! You're a king and an adventure are you not? So live a bit!"

"Besides! We'll almost be arriving back in Liyue! Gotta inform Ningguang that the mission was a success."

"Understood Mas— Captain Beidou."

"See? Wasn't so hard, was it? Now cmon. Let's drink up!"

Maybe this world ain't so bad after all.

As we drank, I would listen to her many rants and whatever came out of her mouth. Responding to some of her questions and even found myself enjoying this time together.

...

Wonder how the crew is doing. Hmph...

I couldn't help but smile a bit thinking back to the others.

-~-

Word Count: 1,204