Chapter 4

"Oi. Captain. You in here?"

"Mandi!"

"You're drinking again... This early in the morning too." Mandricardo sweatdropped as he looked at the bar on the ship. Kazuha who was also there shakes his head at Beidou's behavior.

"Sorry for her behavior—" Kazuha stopped himself from talking any further as he looked at Mandricardo with a questioning gaze. "Who did you bring with you now?"

"Hmph! You didn't even tell them about the great argonauts? We must spread the word of the great argonauts." Jason told Mandricardo.

"Captain... Kazuha." Mandricardo said to the two as he caught both of their attention. "This is Saber, he's another Servant and one of the people who helped me before I arrived here."

"Another Servant? Seriously?!" Beidou sluggishly turned her body to face the two. "Eh... Why's his body so exposed?"

"Fool! The Captain of the Argonauts allows you to see this benevolent body! Be grateful!" Jason yelled angrily at Beidou.

"Someone's got an ego."

"Surprisingly enough, he isn't that bad. It adds to his personality." Mandricardo told Beidou.

"You have strange taste, Mandi." Beidou sipped her drink. "Anyway, welcome to the crew!" She cheered.

"You mean welcome to MY Crew." Jason huffed arrogantly. "Haha! I'll shape this crew into the greatest pirates of... Eh... Where are we again?"

"Teyvat. Specifically in Liyue."

"Yes! I'll shape this place into the best crew of Teyvat!"

"Heh. I like him." Grinned Beidou.

"You were calling him egoistic just now..." Mandricardo muttered.

"Mandi. Mandi. Mandi..." Beidou said as she shook her head. "That's all in the past. It's time to move forward and look into the future." She told the Rider.

"... Irony." Mandricardo muttered.

"Now then, this ship isn't quite bad. Doesn't beat the new Argo... Although disappointing the ship isn't with us. Sigh" Jason frowned slightly before smiling. "Nonetheless, a ship is a ship, this is fine on its own. Could use some improvements. The first thing we should do is scout around the world, hope to find the others if they truly arrived here as well."

"You can always go to Mondstadt first and search for your fellow crew members. By far the closest nation to Liyue, afterward, you can head to Inazuma as well."

"..." Kazuha twitched his eye at the thought of Inazuma. Yes, he's over it!

"Hmm... 'Mondstadt'..." Jason said the nation of freedom with emphasis. "Interesting. The name sounds German from my understanding. I suppose it's this world's version of Germany then. Very well then! Rider, we'll be heading out to Mondstadt next in hope of finding anyone else!"

"You're the boss, boss... If that's fine with you, Master."

"Sure I don't mind." Beidou shrugged. "We won't be heading out anywhere important for a while, so for now, the crew and I will be staying here in Liyue. If something urgent happens, I'll let you know."

"Right." Mandricardo nodded.

"Mondstadt is north ahead from Liyue Harbor. Just continue following the path ahead, it may be a bit wonky but just try and head straight ahead. Careful though, bandits and Hilichurls roam the area outside the city." Beidou said. "Eh, you two should be fine. You're basically stronger than normal people and in general, just strong."

"On second hand, I suppose I'll be the one who reveals the elephant in the room." Kazuha coughed. "Why is nobody talking about the seventy-seven Generation Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor stalking the both of you?" Kazuha looked at the door where he sees Hu Tao sneakily trying to hide while she observes Mandricardo and Jason.

"... So you noticed that too huh?" Mandricardo gulps. "Frankly, I didn't know what to say, I noticed that she's been stalking us... But I have no idea why. Does she even know that we have an idea that she's spying on us?" He peaked at the door and saw that the girl disappeared quickly.

"It seems she has no clue..." Hummed Jason. "Seriously, she's creeping me out! Why the hell are you stalking us?!" He yelled at Hu Tao, but no answer was revealed as silence was met.

"Do you think she left?" Mandricardo asked.

"Probably. She realized she was spotted and retreated." Beidou hummed in amusement. "Of course, I see why she's stalking you, she probably noticed the two of you were spirits. She'll probably try and take your soul to the afterlife."

"...?" Both Servants looked on in confusion.

So stalkers are Grim Reapers now huh?

-~-

"Hmph. These Hilichurls are surprisingly weak." Jason snorted. "These are the enemies of this world?! Ha! Talk about a joke!"

"I don't know what you're talking about weak... You had me fight all of them and protect you." Mandricardo mumbled.

"Of course, I would you fool. It's the crew's job to protect their boss. Why should I rely on fighting when I'm the one who's the leader?! But... Overall, you did a good job in protecting me so far, so good for you." Jason smirked.

"Hmm... Even so, what are these things in any way? I don't know much behind their history, but they remind me of cavemen for some reason."

"It makes sense to think that way, they mainly use weapons like clubs, fire, bows, shields, and the huge ones have axes and huge shields. Hmm... It seems like these things managed to adapt with weaponry, it's quite impressive given they seem like mindless beasts."

"Yeah, but it seems as well that they have their own lives honestly. I feel kinda bad when we attacked them, they were just minding their business around the campfire."

"Do not fret over these things... If anything, we protected ourselves in self-defense when they attacked us first. They saw us and instantly attacked. We had the right to fight back."

"Well I had the right to fight back, you just stood back and watched."

"Hmph. I'm simply conserving my energy for when a greater enemy appears. That way, I'll show everyone how powerful the mighty Jason, Captain of the Argonauts truly is!" Boasted Jason with laughter.

"Hmm. They drop these materials too... Wonder what they're for." Mandricardo looked at the materials on the ground in question.

"They seem like a common drop, perhaps if we collect enough, we can sell these for money. Though they vary in color rarity. I suppose the color represents the rarity of these drops. Perhaps... I cannot confirm anything."

"Right."

-~-

Word Count: 1,063