Chapter 6

Liliana's POV 

Once we were finished getting my ears pierced we went to the skate park and let's just say Vinnie was... impressed.

"Holy shit! It took me months to learn that trick, I show it to you once and you're able to do it straight away."

"Jealous?" I joked. We were both happy and smiling.

"Uh yeah. Anyone without your talent would be. Didn't you say your sister skated as well or something?"

I could feel all the happiness drain from me. It's not his fault he just doesn't know I told myself.

"Uh, yeah. Something like that. She doesn't skate anymore. No skate parks near where she is."

I mean I'm not wrong.

Vinnie's phone vibrated and he checked to see what it said. 

"Hey, Thomas wants us to go home now."

"Okay." I picked up my skateboard and took a deep breath. I walked next to Vinnie until we got to the jeep. When we got in he turned in his seat to look at me.

"I hope you had fun today, cause I did."

"Yeah me too." I said a little emotionless. My head was like a jungle right now I just needed to get home.

"Hey? You feeling okay?"

"Yep, I'm fine don't worry about me." I reassured him and smiled.

"No your not."

My face dropped. No smile, no emotion, no nothing. Just pure emptiness.

"Your sister hasn't moved away. She's dead isn't she?"

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out so I closed it again. We just sat there staring at each other. I felt a hot tear fall down my cheek. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before I began to speak again.

"You h-h-have no right. None! To bring her up. Yes! SHE'S DEAD BUT THERES NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT, AND YOU!-" I shook my head at him. I was fully crying now. "-YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASK ME ABOUT HER OR IS SHE DEAD OR ALIVE OR ANYTHING!... I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER ONE THING LOUD AND CLEAR VINNIE.., YOU. DON'T. KNOW. ME."

After I finished shouting at him I felt really bad. I pulled down the mirror on the sun shield and fixed my makeup. I couldn't bear to look at Vinnie, I'm so scared that he's gonna hate me now, or that he'll never speak to me again. But deep down for some weird reason I want that to happen. God I was so stupid. Why can't I just let anyone in?! I'm a terrible friend. If you can even call us that. Probably not since I just screamed at him.

He put the car in drive and started driving home.

When we got home I had calmed down a lot, but after we parked Vinnie got out the car straight away and went inside without me.

When I got in Thomas asked me to be apart of a YouTube video.

"Uh sure I guess, but let me go get changed and stuff."

"Hold on a sec, how many piercings did you get?! I thought I told you nothing too extravagant." He half yelled and half didn't, once he saw my left ear.

"Thomas, it's only one ear. And next week I'm only getting like 2 done on the other. Calm down it's fine." I said slightly annoyed. I was pissed as it was didn't need to be even more.

(Yours/Liliana's left ear)