Chapter 8 - Moving back

Start from the beginning

"Alright, let's go"

I started the car. I went ahead and drive her home. Some time passed and we arrived at their apartment.

"You take care on your way alright?"

"I will, don't worry" I smiled at her

A couple of minutes passed and she was still in the car.

"Ichika? Is something the matter?"

"I miss you already! I was trying to stay a bit more"

"Come here"

I gave her a hug.

"We'll have more time together, alright? I won't be going anywhere"

"You promise?"

"I mean, it depends on your availability" I teased

"Yeah, okay okay! I'll take my leave now"

She exits the car. A couple of seconds after she closed the door, she ran to my side and tapped on my window.

"Waiiit!"

I pulled down my window to check what it is.

"Did you forget something?"

"Yes! This..."

Her face drew closer to mine and gave me a kiss.

"Good night! Love you!" she smiled.

"Love you too! Good night!"

[Ichika's POV]

The next day came and a notice was sent to our apartment. The notice contained a reminder that we would need to look for another place since it will be demolished due to the place being hard to maintain.

"Hang on for a bit, let me make a phone call" I handed the notice to Yotsuba.

I head outside the apartment to make the necessary phone call. Even though we have six months left to prepare, it would be best to be ready especially since the deadline is somewhere around the exam season. I don't want my sisters to be stressed out about it. I dialed the number.

"Hello"

"It's Ichika, do you have a moment?"

"Yes, I can spare some time. What is it?"

"We received a notice of eviction due to the place being hard to maintain. The best option that I can see for now is to move back to the apartment"

"I see, that would be a great decision indeed. I'll have Ebata pick you girls up once you're ready. What does your sisters think about it?"

"They'll agree once I tell them. Besides, I won't be in the picture anymore. It'll just be the four sisters from now on"

"What do you mean?"

"There's a big project that's coming and it will need a lot of my time. Fuutarou-Kun doesn't have to tutor me anymore so you can let him know about that"

"I understand. If that is your request and if you think that's the best option, I will make the arrangements"

"Thank you, Dad"

After the phone call, I told my sisters that we'll be moving back to the apartment. We prepared our things and asked Ebata-san to pick us up. Ebata-san is our father's secretary and driver. He used to drive us to school. After we prepared our stuff, Ebata-san picked us up and we head over to the Pentagon. On our way, we saw the beach.

"Wow! Look! We can see the ocean!" Yotsuba exlaimed.

"I really wanted to go..." Nino uttered

"It can't be helped. We made plans to move today. Let's go by ourselves next time" I commented"