3 • Comforted Just Fine

Hola again! I just wanted to say thank you for all the reads so far, it may not seem like a lot but it does to me and it sure feels great to me that people are reading this. If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted. Good reading!

Your Pov
I take a bite of the arepa handed to me and just like that, my head feels much better. "I truly am sorry (Y/n). I was looking for Antonio but I should've been looking where I was going." Camilo says with a concerned look on his face. "Really, Camilo, it's fine. See, I'm all healed." I reassure him, pointing towards my use to be injury. "Besides, it gave me a good excuse to try your tìas amazing arepas." He chuckles a bit while rubbing his neck. A smirk forms on his face as his head is down but his eyes still find mine. I blush a little but try to hide it by looking away. Gosh, his eyes could really light up a room.

I set down my arepa and dust off the crumbs from my hands. "So, are you excited for Antonio?" I question, trying to break the silence. He sighs. "Yeah, yeah. I'm real excited for him." I tilt my head a little and furrow my brows. Even though he says it, his attitude makes it feel like he's not happy for his brother at all. "Are you ok? You seem.. off." I lean on the counter, hoping this isn't a sensitive topic. "It's just..." He takes a deep breath in. "The last gift ceremony didn't go so well. And don't get me wrong Mirabel is my cousin and I love her but.. I would just hate for Antonio not to get his gift tonight. I don't want him to feel unspecial."

I look down at the tiles on the floor, understanding that this could be a stressful time for the entire Madrigal family. "Hey, he'll get his gift. I'm sure of it. Antonio is a great kid and if anyone deserves this it's him. I'm positive everything will go just fine tonight." I say, walking over to him. "It's ok to feel worried, especially about something like this. But you don't have to, because he will get his gift. I just know it." I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. "Thanks (Y/n). Where'd you learn to be so positive?" He asks. "My mom. She always knew how to cheer me up." I smile a little, flashing through our memories together in my head.

"She sounds sweet. What's she like?" He asks, opening an old wound. "She was.. consistently happy. She made the best dinners and always made sure the family was cheerful. She was the best." I explain as I feel tears in the back of my eyes but I manage not to let them escape. "Was? What happ-" "Camilo. There you are. It's almost time. Don't you want to see Toñito before he opens his door? Let's go." His family interrupts. "Let's go. Let's go." They repeat as he's rushed out of the room. I go join the crowd and make my way to the front, being able to see everything from where I stand.

Camilo Pov
"Ok, I'm done!" I say as I finish mocking my father and am pulled to the bunch of people. Holding my tía Juliettas hand, I notice (Y/n) across the way from me. I give her a small wave and she sparks her smile at me. Damn, that smile could set a continent on fire. And her eyes are a perfect shade of (Y/e). I realize maybe I was staring a little long when she blushes and looks away. The lights dim and Abuela gives her speech. The curtains open and Casita makes a pathway for Antonio to walk on. Only he doesn't, he stays there, looking stunned, like he can't move. He looks behind him and reaches his hand out.

It takes a minute before Mirabel comes out and takes it. Everyone gasps as she walks him down the aisle and up the stairs. As she stands next to mami and papi, Antonio promises to use his gift for good and the helping of others. He puts his hand on the knob and a toucan flies in, landing on Toñito. "Uh-huh, I understand you." He says. "Of course they can come!" He giggles and a herd of animals come running into Casita. They make their way up to him and the door glows bright, changing into a picture with Antonio and different animals engraved. "We have a new gift!" Abuela shouts. We all cheer and head up to his new room.

It's a jungle with a giant tree coming through the middle. A jaguar runs in, picking up Antonio and running around the tree. "I told you." Someone says walking up behind me. "His gift sure is something amazing, huh? So is his room. I mean how in the world can you have a forest as a room. That's incredible."
I look to my left and see (Y/n), gently grazing a giant leaf.

"If you think this is cool you should see Isabella's room." I point out, grabbing her attention. "Believe me, if I could roam this house freely I'd be checking out everyone's room." I hear her chuckle softly as she looks me in the eye. "Do you want to?" I ask as I see her face light up. "Wait, really?" "I mean, we'd have to be cautious and sneak but yeah." She gives me a smirk and elbows me a little on the arm. "I can tell you like to get into mischief. Let's do it."