"Dr. Park?"

"Yes-yes sir?" He responded by turning to look at him. Had Yoongi been addressing him the whole time?

"What are the  stages of appendicitis?"

"Uhh...the stages of..." he felt his voice get quieter as he spoke. Once again, they all turned to look at him.

Jimin couldn't tell if his resident had a vendetta against him or if he simply enjoyed putting interns on the spot. He knew the answer to the question like the back of his hand. This was child's play for fucks sake and yet he couldn't speak.

He was mute.

When he was about to answer with full confidence, Yoongi got paged and just like that the attention was off him.

"We have an emergency. Come on!"

Jimin ran behind them into the emergency area. It looked so busy, so hectic, and the blood rushed through him like an electric shock.

And once again he was reminded of why he had picked this career in the first place. Because it made him feel alive.

•••

"Yellow, did you even pass your medical exam?" Namjoon asked casually  as he chewed on an apple that looked way too bruised to be good.

"Namjoon," Jungkook nudged and instantly turned to Jimin, "But really did you?"

Jimin scowled. After spending thirty-six hours with them, being sleep deprived and on top of that starving he was pretty irritated.

"Of course I passed my medical exam! I know the stages of appendicitis. That shit is the easiest thing in the world."

Namjoon stretched over and offered him his half eaten apple. Jimin sighed, taking it and savoring the sweet taste. Maybe it was the hunger but the apple was incredibly amazing.

"He just makes me so nervous. The way he looks at me...he's so intimidating!"

"He's very chill compared to my last resident." Jungkook said, closing his eyes. He was laying down on an old patient bed that was in the storage room where the interns hung out on their small breaks.

At the moment only two others were there, but they were soundly asleep. Jimin still had his eyebrows furrowed trying to figure out why no one thought the way he did.

"He hates me. I know he does. Am I not likable? Do you guys hate me too?"

"You're so likable. We like you!"

"I mean you're okay." Namjoon stated.

"You're lucky! He picks you to answer questions. I hope I did good today so I get assigned to Dr. Kim."

"Your obsession with him is creepy." Namjoon told, pushing his glasses up as he scanned a medical book.

"Right, like you're not obsessed with the neurosurgeon?"

"That's completely different." He responded holding his hand up.

"It's the same thing. You're just as obsessed as I am."

Namjoon ignored his comment and spoke to Jimin who was now finished with the apple. "What specialty are you thinking of doing?"

"Me? Hmm...I really don't know. I'm undecided."

"Really? I've known I wanted to do plastic surgery since I started school." Jungkook cheesed. His eyes were like shiny stars in a dark night.

"Maybe you should do neurology. The brain is easily the coolest organ. Without it we wouldn't be able to function."

"Do plastic surgery! It's way cooler to reconstruct faces and bodies!"

"That sounds disgusting." Namjoon said in disgust.

"You know what's disgusting? Looking at the squishy brain, not that I'd mind getting my hands on it. It's just a texture thing which is ironic considering I'm..."

Jimin yawned, laying back on his beat up bed. "I need a nap." He murmured as the two continued arguing.

Two seconds into the nap their pagers went off. Jimin groaned, getting up and running out the door along with the other two.

By the time the emergency was over it was finally time to go home. It was nearly five in the morning and his official first forty-eight hour shift was over.

His eyes felt dry from the lack of sleep and his stomach sounded like a jungle. The sky was still dark since the sun wasn't out yet.

He was digging in his pockets for his keys when he spotted his resident sitting on top of a black car. He had a coffee mug in his right hand and he scrolled on his phone with the left.

Despite it being mid June, it was a little chilly and yet he seemed so nonchalant about the weather.It was probably the fact that he was a walking zombie at this point, but he started approaching the intimidating man.

At first glance he looked innocent and yet seeing him work was a completely different story. His demeanor and the way he carried himself in life threatening emergencies was astonishing.

When he was a couple feet away from his vehicle he cleared his throat. His knees were shaky and his heart was speeding even faster than seeing hundreds of injured people.

He didn't understand why this man gave him that effect. Was it his translucent beautiful skin? His deep voice? Or maybe it was his quick skill to attend the injured.

Yoongi didn't look up from his phone and Jimin cleared his throat again. It irritated him, but he wouldn't speak to him just yet. He was saving his voice for something else.

Finally, he seemed to notice his presence and slowly glanced up. He scanned his body from his shoes all the way up to his face.

Even though he was scrunched down from sitting in his car he still looked much bigger than him. "Dr. Park," he calmly stated. Jimin's knees buckled, but it was too late to back down.

So without further discussion he took a deep breath and closed his eyes briefly. " The appendicitis stages are early, suppurative, gangrenous, perforated, phlegmonous, spontaneous resolving, recurrent, and chronic. The appendix can rupture as quickly as 48 to 72 hours after the onset of symptoms. Without surgical treatment, more than 50% of people with appendicitis die. With surgery, the mortality rate is decreased to 15% . Only about 1%–3% of people may die from appendicitis. And an appendectomy usually takes an hour if there's no complication."

Slowly, he opened one eye to make sure that Yoongi wasn't ignoring him. When he straightened up his posture Jimin opened his other eye ready for the scolding.

Instead, be titled his head a little to the side. Almost like he was bewildered at his sudden appendicitis rant. A crooked smile formed his lips, only making Jimin tense up more.

"You remind me so much of...." His voice trailed off into the unknown. "Myself." He finished moments later. After saying that, he hopped out of his car and got in front of him.

"You better go get some rest, Dr. Park. You have another forty-eight hour shift soon."

A sudden shiver went down Jimin's spine. He kept telling himself it was the chilly air, but as soon as Yoongi walked away the chill was gone.

Along with the pulsating rush of emotions.