7. Marigold

vii

vii. marigold — a feeling of despaired love whether it be by death or a broken relationship, power, strength, and light that lives inside of a person.

the name marigold comes from mary's gold, which was kept after mother mary. 25th march marks the feast of annunciation, on this day believers offered marigold to mother mary. this was the day when gabriel informed mother mary about jesus christ's arrival. some cultures follow the practice to sow marigold seeds in the pot, which is a symbol of positivity and patience.

"Here is your scarf," FP leant against the threshold of his trailer door and handed over the checkered scarf to a woman that had been in his home almost a month ago.

He gave her a small smile as she thanked him and hopped off the stairs again.

At the same time, Jughead came walking towards the trailer, and almost brushed shoulders with the woman he had never seen before. He stopped in his tracks immediately, looking right at his father.

"I thought you were quitting that habit." He stated, clearly a bit disappointed at what he had just witnessed.

"I have, Jug. Nobody stayed over, she had just left her scarf here a while ago and came to pick it up. Nothing more, nothing less." FP said instantly, feeling his cheeks redden.

He didn't want his son to think he was a jerk (which he had been before), not when he was trying so hard to be better.

Jughead relaxed a little. He was glad to hear that. Because if not, he wasn't sure he wanted to come into the trailer. The last thing he wanted was to look at the face of some random woman he had never met before, and would never see again.

"Do you want breakfast?" He asked, while Jughead could see that a simple question like that made him insecure.

Their bond was anything but perfect, he knew that, but that his father was offering instead of skipping the first meal of the day was promising.

"I'd like that." Jughead smiled, and made his way into the trailer.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw a young man sitting at the breakfast table, reading the morning paper, that he hadn't seen before. Since he assumed it was unlikely that the man had anything to do with his father's romantic life, he was kind of lost as to why he was there.

"I didn't know we had a visitor." Jughead said, as he looked around to glance at his father, asking him to explain.

Charles looked up from his paper, as if Jughead's voice had suddenly made him appear out of thin air.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you." FP realized, as he handed his son a plate of toast with jam.

"This man right here is an FBI agent who's helping me prove that the Serpents are innocent. We finally have an ally, boy." FP smiled proudly for a second, and Charles realized that maybe FP trusted him more than he led on.