Chapter 26 | Mistakes

Start from the beginning

It wasn't hard for me to see the Ledger. It didn't change even a tiny bit even if I read it thoroughly again and again. I sighed and let it sit on a table nearby.

I walked further towards the end of the room, I haven't reached here before due to the panic that I had. Furnitures and others have been covered by white fabrics but one stood out.

A large painting covered with white fabric adorned with elegant embroidery. Bullets of sweat started to form as my shaking hands hesitantly grabbed the expensive cloth. As I dragged it down, What I saw surprised me.

Win

It was Win, The bride that I saw. Soft and delicate features on fleek. The painting's smile, his smile so similar. Every details is accurate.

The heavy feeling returned but I choose to ignore. Wiping off the tears that are traitorous to fall. I flipped the huge canvas around to see a neatly attached paper on the back.

Metawin

Slowly opening the letter, It has droplets of dried tears. I read it's contents letting myself cry harder. Feeling my heart shattering as emotions has conquered my senses.

Dear Metawin,

          How are you my love? It seems you are living well. Just like you said the flowers especially your favorite lotuses bloomed beautifully. Have you come back?

Finishing the letter, I let the letter come closer to me hugging it tightly. Dropping on the cold dusty floor. Crying my heart out in the letter.

I stood up weakly gripping dearly on the letter. I hurriedly walk towards to a pile of boxes besides the painting. I shoved the boxes down letting it's contents fall.

A regular side painting that is also covered by white cloth showed upon me near it, Two piles of expensive boxes. I dragged the cloth down revealing something that I didn't expect.

A wedding picture

It was Win and the General- Me?

I slowly touched the painting fondly. Caressing both faces still not sinking in. Win is bride and the general is me. No! It can't be! Have I have been mistaken?

Turning my attention towards the boxes. I opened them carefully only to see more letters for Win. Droplets of tears staining them.

Dear Metawin,
         Today was a cold night-

Dear Metawin,
         It has been months without you.

Dear Metawin,
         How can you do this to me?

"Stop!" Screaming to the top of my lungs, The letter falling to my side. I put both of my hands on my ears as the usual whispers waved through.

"Do you understand now?"

A voice echoed through the hall. Standing up, I rushed towards the source of the voice leading me outside. It was an old man that looked so divine. He turned and looked at me and bowed.

"Who are you?" I asked in confusion. Hiding the letter on my coat. The man smiled and grabbed both of my hands.

"I am expecting you Vachirawit. All of us are" He continued to smile and softly dragged me out of the house leading me to a temple that I don't recognize.

"Please I need help. I don't understand anything anymore. I want this to end, For us!" I begged. The man looked at me still not removing the smile off his face.

He soon welcomed me on the temple. Inside was majestic everything was adorned in gold. In the center, there was a pool only a ankle high. Lotuses floating on the pool.

"Vachirawit, We have come to this final judgement. It is not us who will be benefited but You and Him" The old man said mixing something on his bowl.

He soon finished and walked slowly to me. He took his finger and shakily went towards my forehead rubbing something like oil. The man soon guided me to the pool making my feet wet, he grabbed the paper from my coat making me yelp.

"That's mine!" I said loudly trying my best to get it from him. He chuckled and gave back the letter holding it both of my hands. He pressed it on my chest and hummed.

"The final step of the divine to see if you are worthy of this chance." He said and let the oil drip on my head, flowing through my hair to my neck and shoulders. Suddenly, The strike of sleepiness hit me. What did he do to me.

He let his fingers rest on my forehead as he slowly let me lay down on the pool of lotuses. It was relaxing that it made me sleepy. The instinct of mine holding the letter for Win dearly, close to my heart.

"I am begging you Vachirawit, Please do the right thing" The man whispered calmly on my ear. As sleepiness conquered my senses.

"Win"

~•~

Drake showing up on the earlier chapters < Drake dying the next

Finally updating this after a long time. I am so excited for the next chapters for all of you to enjoy. Thank you everyone for the support! <3