Chapter 3 - Care to dance?

Buckle up, this one gets a little heated XD I will place a warning further into the chapter so that you know when to stop reading if you so wish. This was rated mature for a reason (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Care to dance, Your Highness?" She asked in a sickly-sweet tone, clearly, she knew who the princess was.

"Why, of course," she had said in return, mostly to be polite in front of Graham, but she also didn't want to start any conflict. The princess took her right hand in her own; the Queen had a hand on the small of her back, guiding her onto the dance floor. Nothing but a gentleman.

"You know," she had started, one hand in the princesses, the other on her waist as they began to dance. The princess's hand found solitude on the Queen's shoulder. "When I saw you from across the room, I just knew I had to dance with you," as the princess knew who she was, she could hear the malicious undertones.

"Is that so, Your Majesty," she clearly heard the skepticism in the blonde's voice, for she laughed. It was a melodic, angelic laugh, quite low due to her voice; but it was completely different from the obvious hate towards her parents.

"Please, Princess, you're by far the loveliest thing to admire here," her eyes roamed over the princess, but clearly, she didn't buy into the fake compliment; not yet anyway. Though, Emma did notice that her eyes lingered around her shoulders, exposed from the red dress she wore. It had long sleeves, however, did not cover her shoulders or the top of her back. She wore a predatory gaze as she assessed the princess, and Emma wasn't sure what to make of it.

Once she had taken in all the dress, her gaze moved to the blonde's emerald eyes, locking hold of them as they waltzed. Her eyes flicked around the princess's face, landing once on the tiara placed delicately on her head, only to return once more to forest eyes. This time they locked; the princess took note of the beautiful chocolate colour of the Queen's eyes. Beautiful? What am I thinking? She is the villain here, she scolded herself.

Only after her thoughts had taken over did she notice the Queen had glanced down to look at her pastel pink lips, just to linger there for a few seconds too long. Oh no, what is this woman thinking? Chocolate met emerald once more, only so the princess could discover the chocolate ones were now a much darker colour than before.

"Why, thank you, Your Majesty," the princess taunted after she had found her voice again. "However, I cannot possibly agree, as there is another here in which I believe to be beyond any beauty I could ever have or know," she had no idea where those words came from but at least the Queen seemed amused by them.

"So, he is the one you're after, am I correct? You were talking to him before, were you not," she gracefully nodded her head in the direction of Graham and the princess had to suppress a snort. Yes, he is a fine fellow, and I know many who would fall for his charms, but he's not for me, she had thought to herself.

"Well, it seems, Your Majesty, you aren't as good at reading people as you thought," she was very taken aback by the princess's comment but continued to dance, nonetheless. She spun the princess to the music. Before retaking their previous positions, the princess finally got a good look at the Dark Queen. Her curves and cleavage were accentuated, the 'V' part of the neck could almost be considered scandalous, by that black, darkened red dress, hugging her as if the cloth's life depended on it. It was long and their skirts flowed beautifully as they danced. The black arms of the dress were form-fitting to the elbow, where it fanned out to give a floatier feel; draping itself beautifully to where she gripped her for the dance.