39 | Beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

With the use Kagome, the drug he made and tried to sell, the blue haired curse was successful in mimicking Geto's appearance. Using the directions given to him by Jogo and Hanami who had once encountered Gojo, Mahito made his move.

He had set his plan in motion.

Poor Itadori had to appear at the worst time.

"Settle down, kid! I just came here to pick someone up. Take him out for a stroll, you know?" Mahito says, pulling out something from underneath the layer of skin of Geto Suguru who's face he borrowed.

Itadori's heart dropped to his stomach, realization settling in, 'Which him?'

As if answering his question, the curse reveals a glowing white box with a single blue eye on one of its sides, showing the item off to the boy with his proud grin.

"At the sight of his best friend, he froze!" Mahito chuckles, "Crazy. Here i thought Gojo Satoru's supposed to be extra strong—"

'Gojo..!' realization struck the boy— it's not his first time hearing that name and it's one that he recognizes. It was on the night that the house was being attacked and both Itadori and Fushiguro were left inside the shared bedroom of the adults.

Still.. he didn't understand what Sukuna meant by Gojo's are the one's who rule Tokyo.

Suddenly, thunder struck the ground in between Itadori and the curse. Someone had appeared from above.

"Back off!" Fushiguro shouts with a frown on his face, dropping down beside Itadori with his shikigami Nue.

"Fu..Fushiguro.. Satoru's trapped." Itadori was speechless, anger now being replaced by fear. His eyes are on the box that Mahito was presenting to them.

The shikigami user gulps, turning his attention back to the curse. This is bad.

"Oh! Another kid," Mahito's amused, "You two will definitely be useful."

Fushiguro reaches for Itadori's shadow, pulling out a weapon.

The boy with pink hair was nervous since he knew what Mahito's capable of, but he won't let his fear get the best of him. He takes a deep breath, fists now lighting up with cursed energy.

"Release Gojo-sensei if you don't want to die. You're outnumbered here." Fushiguro threatens.

His heart thumped, but the boy had already thought of a plan that he hoped would work. He glances at Itadori— judging by his reaction and the yelling he heard earlier, whoever this curse they're facing againts is strong. In fact, this is one of the rare times that he has seen a talking curse.

Fushiguro tightens his grip in his weapon, 'I just need to stay conscious.. For the next few minutes..!'

Mahito lets out a hearty laugh,

"I like your confidence! But even with the two of you working together.."

He drops the special grade object that contained Gojo, prison realm, on the ground.

"I doubt you'll leave a scratch of me!"

"Are they.. Home?"

"Yeah, and they miss you lots."

After establishing a few rules and letting the sorcerers know what they should and shouldn't do in Tokyo, they're now ready to exorcise curses. Of course, after that long talk, they would want to take a few minutes to relax and prepare.

You and Kugisaki stood underneath a tree— away from the others.

"Yuji does, Satoru does, and even Megumi. He's just too shy to admit it." you chuckle to which Kugisaki rolls her eyes at.

"Yeah, yeah. Missed me but neither of you bothered writing to me!"

You sigh, "I'm sorry, okay?!"

Kugisaki huffs at the response, "I'll only accept your apology if.. If we all go and eat dinner together."

She's excited to see the look on their faces once she arrives at home. Knowing you, you probably haven't told them that Kugisaki is back at Tokyo.

"Deal!" You cheer, a smile on your face before you ask a question, "So, how was life at Kyoto? Did you fit in?"

The girl hums as if thinking, though while she's about to give you an answer, something in the sky catches her attention.

"Isn't that.. Fushiguro's?"

Kugisaki mutters from below her breath, grabbing your arm and shaking you before pointing at the sky above. There it was— Fushiguro's barely flying shikigami, flapping it's wings as if trying to catch Y/N and Kugisaki's attention. Nue's body was starting to fade and disappear the more it stayed in the sun.

You raise a brow,

'Did something.. Happen? His shikigami isn't supposed to stay together when he's not nearby to control it.. It would take a lot of concentration.'

As Nue started to finally fade away completely, Kugisaki makes eye contact with you. The both of you felt it.

Fushiguro was calling for help.