13 | Twenty fingers

She could only take so much information

You worried for Kugisaki. When Tsukumo was going to discuss more about the infamous sorcerer killer and his possible whereabouts, the teen had asked to be excused so she can take a breather outside of Yuki's residence.

Maybe you should've made this a surprise and didn't actually bring her to Tsukumo; you know, just tell Kugisaki you found her a ride?

But you wanted to gain some of her trust.. You two are complete strangers— would she even believe you, who she's still very skeptical of, without any evidence?

"Yuki. Makes this quick.. Please." you mutter, expression filled with worry.

The woman waves a hand dismissively.

"Let her wait. Anyways, where were we?" she then adds, "Ah. Sorcerer killer!"

You sigh. Sparing a few minutes here wouldn't hurt, right? Information from Tsukumo is important.

"Do you know the.. Cursed charm, Sukuna's fingers?" she ask, to which you nod.

Everyone has heard of him- Ryomen Sukuna or the king of curses. A thousand years ago he was killed by sorcerers, despite him being one too, and after his death he became a curse. He left a total of twenty indestructible fingers which is now classified as cursed objects. Currently, only ten fingers have been discovered and are now in the hands of the Gojo family.

The other ten are still being searched.

"It's valuable, right? And if you sell it..?" she trails of with a smile, as if expecting you to know what she's going to say next.

"It would cost a lot." you frown, "Is this sorcerer after everyone's money now?"

This makes the woman laugh.

"Apparently." she continues, "i'm gonna make this short just because Kugisaki's waiting for you."

She inhales,

"Two of them have been stolen. I don't know if it's the same culprit as the one who took the prison realm. It could be the sorcerer killer, it could alao be a group of curse users, or curses."

You scrunch your nose, "Curses? What's a curse gonna do with the finger? Plus, without the right vessel, digesting Sukuna's finger can kill someone. We all heard the story of him possibly being incarnated, but no attempt has been successful."

About that.. Haha. One of the children you've taken in has a confession to make— one that if he doesn't tell you and Satoru, it would most likely cost a life. Maybe even multiple.

Tsukumo chuckles.

"It's basically useless, right? But that's where we should be worried." she says, "Neither of us, or anyone, knows if the people who stole the fingers has a proper vessel or not."