28 | Heritage

A loud thud interrupts him

You removes your hand from his chest.

Satoru suddenly goes silent while you start to look around.

"Get up." You whisper, loud enough so only he could hear you. As if you weren't ready to succumb to sleep seconds earlier, you quickly stand up, darting to the table in your room to grab a lantern.

"What's wrong?" Satoru ask, although he already understands what you're trying to tell him- you could sense it too, right? That's no ordinary bird falling on the roof due to an injury or a heavy tree branch snapping.. It sounded like footsteps.

"Someone's trying to break in and i don't know if they're out for blood or money." You blow the used match stick, extinguishing the flame, "We need to get the kids and make sure they're alright."

So you do know.. Well.. This is your home and you definitely know more about it. That includes where intruders can and can't enter from.

"You go grab them. I'll check outside."

Satoru says before standing up and stretching his muscles. You hand him his blindfold, lifting the lantern to your face. With the light you provided, he could now see the frown on your face. You look irritated and worried. Lost some valuable sleep and now your house might or might not be in danger. Great..

The man thanks you before putting on and tying the piece of cloth over his eyes.

"Should we make this quick so you can get some sleep?" Satoru asks.

"Appreciate that." you sigh, "But let's focus on.."

You stop.

The two of you hear two sets of footsteps rushing from the second floor, down the flight of stairs, and now heading to your shared room. You and Satoru spare eachother a glance.

"M-Miss Y/N!"

A relieved sigh leaves your lips while you hear Itadori whisper yelling your name from behind the door while someone else knocked. The boys would then find the courage to slowly open the door with Itadori being the first to peek inside. Satoru stifles his laughter- the boy looks absolutely terrified. Fushiguro, on the other hand, had chosen to not let his fear get the best of him.

He stood by the pink haired boy, brows furrowed. He seems to have summoned his Gyokuken too.

"We heard something on the roof." Fushiguro says, "This idiot couldn't stop freaking out."

"Oh shut up. You're the one who told me it might be a murderer." Itadori huffs, making the shikigami user click the roof of his tongue.

'You have a cursed technique.. And a demon king inside you. If anything, the intruder should be afraid of you' Fushiguro has had enough of this family.