39 | Beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

?!

Both of them freeze in their tracks as they hear laughter, followed by a loud crash, coming from the front of the house. The two teens spare eachother a glance— it was a voice of a man who seemed to have dropped something.

Itadori whispers, "Go leave through the back, Fushiguro." the boy with pink hair carefully takes one of the plates.

"Are you insane? You don't know who this might be!" Fushiguro responds, voice slightly rising.

"Just do what i said, please! If this ends up being a bad guy, i'm sure i can handle a few punches. Plus, Satoru's probably around. Find a way to sneak up on them." Itadori says before adding,

"I trust you and your shadow pets!"

Fushiguro stares at the boy, cringing at the inside yet also flattered. He's glad he can be reliable and worthy of Itadori's trust— even if he never got to use his technique as much. Now a bit convinced, the shikigami user lets out a huff before turning his back.

Though before he leaves,

"If you somehow die, i'm gonna kill you."

Itadori chuckles, shaking his head as he listens to Fushiguro leaving through the back door. He's not gonna die because of a random intruder.

He made Fushiguro take another way because..

'It's because of what happened in the past few days.' Itadori carefully approaches the front of the house where the door seems to be closed.

'Miss Y/N was grabbed by a man while we were delivering orders. Then she's stabbed only hours later.'

Itadori doesn't want to be in a situation where the same thing happens to his friend. If someone were to get hurt, then it'll be him only.

After what happened in the past involving Sukuna, he's never going to let anyone hurt his family ever again.

'I need to be strong enough.. If i want to protect them too.'

Using all the courage he has in his body, the boy grabs the handle of the door before quickly opening it— only to be met by a face he wished he never saw.

Two..?

"Ah! Sukuna's vessel?!"

He didn't expect this. The boy didn't.

A mesh of blue and black hair slowly seperating, two faces that seems to be ripping off, and baggy clothes melting to reveal another body with stitches all over. It seemed like the person beneath was shedding skin that wasn't their own.

It was horrible to look at even if there was no blood.

Mahito, who's mischievous grin never dropped, looked just as surprised as Itadori was when he turned his head to look at who opened the door.

"You.."

A memory of his late best friend Junpei flashes in Itadori's mind. Before he can think, the boy quickly raises his hand now encased with cursed energy,

"WHY'RE YOU HERE?!"

He was furious.

Slamming on Mahito's face is a porcelain plate which breaks into millions of small pieces. The curse, who's taken aback by the sudden attack, takes a step back away. When he moves, so does the skin on top of his own— it reveals more of Mahito's face.

'I really reached my limit! Transfiguration never allowed me to change my appearance..!'

Of course, someone like Gojo Satoru has had to be close with someone from his old home. Mahito took extra precautions and decided to follow one of Gojo's rumored best friends. The day Geto Suguru ran after the sorcerer killer whom he saw.. It was also the day that one of Mahito's curses managed to snatch a strand of his hair.