Chapter 20

Today's the day I go to my parents. And I'm dreading it. It's my childhood house, the place I grew up with them, the place we made so many memories. Matthew's coming to pick me up at 10am as its a two hour trip. I really am grateful for the way he has been the past few weeks and I couldn't be more thankful.
The car journey there is quiet but not awkward. Once were 1 hour and 15 minuets into the drive We pull into a service station.
"Do you need anything?" He says as he stops the car. "Drink? food? The toilet?"
I chuckle "no I'm fine thanks"
"Okay" he climbs out and goes into the building for a wee
He walks back out 15 minuets later with two Starbucks take out cups.
"I got you a caramel latte, Layla told me you like them"
I smile and shake my head at him, even though I said I was fine and didn't want anything he still went and got me one.
"You didn't have to" I say
"Well I was getting a coffee myself so I thought I may as well get you one"
"Well thank you" I take a sip and let the warm caramel flavour run down my throat.

Soon we arrive near my parents house and I guide Matthew down to their street. My parents lived in a quiet town near the country side. Ive grown up in this town and coming back is bringing back so many memories, some great ones and some I don't want to even remember. As we pull up to my parents house I notice that not one think has changed about the neighbourhood. I look up at the house I've grown up to love. The house wasn't exactly small but it wasn't a mansion either. It had four bedrooms but one we converted into a room where we all could enjoy. So it had a closet in for me and my mum, but a desk with my dads work and computer. It also had mine and my mums girly night things in and all our family photos. The other three bedrooms were my bedroom, my mums and dads room and a guest room.
"Do you want me to come in with you or wait in the car?" I herd Matthew slowly say.
"Erm. You can come in and sit in the lounge if you want while I look through a few things that I want to take"
He nodded and we climbed out the car. I take a deep breath digging the keys out of my bag. I unlock the door and I'm hit with the homely smell that is my parents. The house is cold and not as homely as it once was. I place the keys on the side and walk into the lounge area studying the photos they have on the walls and coffee table. It makes my chest tighten as I see all three of us stood on a sunny beach in Peru when I was 14. That was one of the best holidays we've had. There was one of my parents on there wedding day and one of me as a baby. I ask Matthew if he needs anything, he shakes his head.
"Okay, I'm just going to go upstairs shout me if you need me okay?"
I walk up the grand stair case which is also covered in photo frames and a mirror in the middle. First things first, I need all the pictures. The first room I walk into though is my old bedroom. It's white and pastel pink with a double bed in the middle. It was decorated when I turned 16 and I made my dad do it exactly how i wanted it. Everything matched and I had everything sort of vintage style. There wasn't a band poster in sight which is surprising because at that age that's all me and my friends would talk about, and there rooms were full of them. I looked around on last time and shut my door. I'd got everything from there when I moved out, I'm surprised my parents didn't re decorate it. The next room was the room I was dreading. Their room. All their things and their Sent's that would bring things rushing back. I walked into their beautifully styled room and my heart ached. I walked over to their bed and sat at the bottom of it. Their wardrobe was on the far left corner. It was one of them sliding doors ones with the mirrors that takes up the whole wall sort of thing. And being in this room makes me feel the pain 10x harder than the past few weeks. It's like it suddenly hits me and the tears stream down my eyes. I lay my head in between both their pillows and sob. After not crying for over 3 weeks it's like a weights been lifted off my shoulders it's Like I'm not numb anymore. The tears are uncontrollable and I can't stop them, I just lay there and cry. I don't know how long I cry for before I feel big strong arms around me and a manly sent. I cry into his chest not even caring that his tops getting soaked by my tears.

Matthew's PoV
I sat myself down on the sofa as I herd her slowly walk upstairs. I look around the room at all the pictures. I see lots of pictures of just the three of them and a lot of Lola growing up. I can now see that Lola looks just like her mum, they both have the same hair and same smile yet she has her dads eye Colour. I see Lola as a child and can't help but think what a cute kid she was. And what a stunning woman she's grown up to be. I don't know how long I look at the pictures until I hear sobbing. And I can't even put into words what that does to me. The sound of Lola crying actually makes my chest ache for her. I can't stay down here and listen to her like that. She needs comfort.
I walk up the stairs as quickly as I can and go to the only door open which is where i find Lola. I the middle of the bed crying. I assume this must be her parents room. I quickly take my shoes off and walk over to Lola and lay on the bed next to her and wrap my arms around her. Her backs to me and she quickly turns around and cries into my chest. We lay there for a good hour while Lola cries and tries to get her breath back and then cried a little more. We lay there in silence. And in someway I'm happy she has finally let it all out, and she has finally broke down because she was keeping it in and that's not healthy for her. I should know, I've been doing it for the past 10 years. Like I've said before I don't show emotions and I don't feel. But Lola's slowly changing that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emotions 😢😪
So please guys tell me what you think 🙊 Ily
🎀VOTE AND COMMENT🎀