Thought you might need a wardrobe. I’m having more shipped in but these should do for now. 

-Nat

Placing the note on the bed, I went and slipped on a pair of baggy cloth pants and a black t-shirt. They were beyond comfortable, the material making me want to lay down where I was and take a nap. I laced up the pair of sneakers, before heading out. I had no idea where anyone would be, or where I was going, but I figured now would be a good time to explore a bit. I wasn’t overly fond of being on my own at this point, but some things couldn’t be helped. 

The door hissed as it opened and I stepped out into the hallway only to stumble right into someone, sending both of us to the ground. I groaned, sitting up whilst cradling my throbbing skull, to see the star spangled man doing the same. 

Steve a.k.a. Captain Americas P.O.V.

I eyed Calypso with surprise, immediately feeling guilty for getting so lost in my thoughts. I should have been paying more attention to where I was going. 

“Are you alright?” I inquired, sticking a hand out to help her. She swatted it away, clambering to her feet with a clumsy type of swiftness. 

“Fine,” she said, tone clipped, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked absolutely haggard this afternoon. She was three shades paler than normal, dark circles staining the skin below her eyes, her mouth a tight line of annoyance. But I guess the last trait was of my own fault. 

“Are you sure? You look... not normal?” I prompted, not wanting to outright say that she looked bad. Partly because I did not want to be drowned where I stood, the other half because that would have been untrue. She was still pretty, just incredibly tired. 

She smirked at this, finally meeting my eyes. They were at least 5 hues bluer than mine; much more captivating, especially when brimming with amusement, as they were now.

“I look that horrid, huh?” she chuckled, honest-to-god smiling at my horrified expression.

“No- I mean - uh. You just look tired! Not bad,” I sputtered, immediately feeling a long forgotten heat rush up to my face. I hadn’t blushed in over seventy years. 

Still smiling, she turned, walking off in a random direction. 

“Do you know where the mess hall is?” she called over her shoulder, not pausing to look back at me as she asked this. 

“Down the hall to the right,” I said, jogging until I was beside her. It was rude to call out to a lady. 

“Are there set meal times? Or can I just go in and order something?” she asked, letting me walk slightly ahead to guide her in the right direction. 

“Order anything,” I replied, holding the door open for her as she stepped through. She passed fairly close to me, my nose detecting the faintest hint of lilac and something that could only be described as a summer breeze. It was unlike any perfume I’d ever smelled - it was her. No chemicals, just Calypso. 

She continued by me, not noticing my pause, heading straight for the chefs counter of pre made items. She hastily picked up a sandwich and a small water, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. Not many agents were around - maybe ten, including us. 

I sat across from her, watching as she scarfed down her food, paying no heed to manners of any sort. She noticed my peculiar stare and cocked an eyebrow, snapping a sharp “what?” through a mouthful of turkey.

“Nothing,” I muttered, laughing as she glared at me. She was done in record time, patting her flat stomach contentedly. 

“What’s on the agenda for the day? Or what’s left of it,” I asked, only to have her stiffen, eyes analyzing me.

She stayed like that for a long time, eyes roaming over the planes of my face. I held my breath, not daring to duplicate her actions. Did I say something to trigger her? 

“You remind me of someone,” she breathed, after a while, slumping back in her chair. 

“Who?” I inquired, eyebrows shooting up towards my hair line. 

“A friend,” she replied curtly, her hawk gaze dropping into one of pure curiosity.

“...Is that good?” I managed, nervousness gnawing a hole in my gut. 

“I haven’t decided yet. But... so far you’re okay,” she answered, flashing me a small smile, though a hint of scrutiny remained.

I mimicked her actions, but the grin instantly flew from my face when the cafeteria doors flew open, the person who had made the dramatic entrance calling out in an obnoxiously high pitched voice, “AW! Look at the two love birds!”.

Calypso’s P.O.V.

Once the initial shock of the statement had worn off, my face flamed, the color of red most likely matching that of the stripes on Steve’s shield. I glared at Tony, baring my teeth in what was supposed to be a threatening manner. But who felt endangered when a tomato glared at  them?

He plopped himself down onto the seat next to me, flashing Steve a condescending smile.  There was an undercurrent of tension from both sides, a rubber band just waiting to snap. 

“So, what were you two talking about?” He asked, raising his eyebrows in a suggestive manner. I scoffed, shoving his shoulder lightly. 

“What!? You were staring at each other for ten minutes straight. Ogling is more like it,” he said, placing his hands behind his head, waiting for one of us to come up with a response. 

“He reminds me of Roland. I was trying to decide if I liked that or not,” I finally said, shrugging my shoulders, my posture nonchalant.  

“If you say so...”.

“I do say so,” I snapped, causing Tony to laugh, before he stood and sauntered over to the lunch section, picking up each sandwich as he moved down the line. He was a picky eater. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to go train today,” Steve inquired, my eyes drifting from Tony back to him. He fidgeted in is seat, his eye brows scrunching up just a bit in the middle, his nervousness shining through. I had no idea why he wanted to train, considering that I could take him down in an instant. 

“I didn’t mean combat, but maybe we could go down to the shooting range,” he said, noticing the look I was giving him. 

“Sure,” I said, actually a bit psyched. I’d never shot a gun before, not knowing where to get ahold of such weapons and not staying in one place long enough to find a dealer. It would be an experience. 

“Alright. Should we go now?” he asked, and I nodded, glancing over at Tony who was still picking through the pre packaged food. Bruce had joined him and they were engrossed in a conversation, shoulders hunched and heads bowed toward one another. He wouldn’t miss my presence. 

“Lead the way,” I said, following the soldier through the double doors. Just as I reached the threshold, I thought I’d heard Tony say something along the lines of, “Loki’s back” but I shook my head, dismissing the thought as the doors swung closed. Thor’s brother was in Asgard, locked away in a heavily guarded prison. Hope was messing with my hearing. 

I sighed, my once brisk walk now a lagging shuffle. If only Loki didn’t try and take over the world...I might have still had a chance.