Originally, he thought he could ignore your presence. Seeing a lone girl walking amongst the snow didn't strike him as much of an opponent though looking over and observing the stance and weapon you wielded he could tell you'd been the same person they'd run into at the beginning of the month.

The one that he was sure his comrade still continued to mention in nearly every conversation.

Knowing that the hat had blown off his head from the quick movement, wine hues lingered across your stern expression. Perhaps he could humor you for a second or two.

"I came to retrieve something of mine." His voice from what you could conclude was deep, there was a raspiness to it as well and from the tone of it you could tell he was just doing this as some sort of twisted joke. "Mind telling me where it is?"

"Absolutely not." Right away inputting that you watched the man twist his arm, eyes scanning over the blade still protruding from his arm. Adjusting your grip on the handle of your weapon, your own gaze followed the edge of the blade, he was quiet- too eerily quiet.

Deducting that this was Kars you felt even more inclined to try and stall, although you were also near close to having a heart attack. He wasn't just given the title of 'Lord' for nothing.

Clicking his tongue at your response the man wasted no time in darting forward, the blade being swiped a few times in your direction nearly ripping through the fabric of your jacket if not for the reflexive steps you'd taken.

He was much much faster than you expected and with the way he kept taking swipes at you- there was no way you'd be able to retaliate in the way you normally did when practicing.

"I don't understand why you fight. You won't win." There was an edge to his tone, something you could barely pick out considering you'd labeled Kars as the more stoic Pillar Man.

"You're just wasting time."

"Yeah, wasting time so you don't kill my friends! And what do you know?! I'm not as pathetic as you think I am." Scowling at the way he insulted you without even seeing what you could really do you twisted to the side barely evading another swipe before yanking the handle of your whip downwards causing the tip to snap against the snow where Kars once was.

"You are as pathetic as I thought. Which is why I don't understand-" Charging forward once more a faint multicoloured sheen took over his blade, "Why my subject takes such a fascination in you." Moving with the intent to kill the man was pleasantly surprised to see his attack halted, the blade only being able to scrape across the bridge of your nose before getting stuck on the thick braids of your whip.

Maintaining his pressure on the item he figured you'd eventually yield to the strain it would put on your arms, though when a yellow and white thread began glowing within the weapon did he realize it was something used in conducting hamon.

Although white was never a colour he saw.

The exposed parts of his arm audibly sizzled from making contact with the threads and what appeared to have been a relieved expression faintly made its way across your face. You didn't expect for him to forget that you were one of the hamon users- but it seemed as though that might've slipped his mind.

Jumping back away from the burning threads, Kars peared down towards his arm, the charred red burn mark decorating his forearms took a second or two before beginning to close at a slow rate.

"Your hamon," Beginning with that his eyes lingered over the defensive stance you'd taken, the weapon that'd broken his skin was still tightly wrapped within your hand, it's vibrant yellow and white glow contrasted against the white snowy scenery. "I suppose you're not as incompetent as I initially expected."

"Uh thanks?" Assuming that was a bad attempt at a compliment you watched the man nod his head faintly, wine hues trailed towards the cabin before focusing back on you.

"I suppose I'll bring you along." Turning in place before you could ask about what he meant you watched the Pillar man effortlessly slice through the Germans lodge, the act of which left your mouth feeling dry.

Remaining in place you watched the man climb onto the windowsill before entering the building. Urging yourself to move forward you reached a different window than the one Kars entered into, pulling yourself up to peer in, you could see Joseph and one of the german soldiers- the leader from what you recalled although he appeared more. . .robotic than you had initially assumed.

Watching the robotic-like man fare quite well against the Pillar Man, you eyed how he turned in place unbuttoning his uniform only to reveal a machine gun embedded into his abdomen. The man proceeded afterwards to fire rounds into Kars forcing him back outside.

"Holy shit." Seeing that the bullets had been working for the most part you watched Kar's bone blade take on a bright light.

"My mode is that of light! Brilliant Bone Blade Mode!" Faster than before, Kars sliced each bullet in half evading the damage they'd inflict, the man's new speed backed up the idea that he'd been going easy on you.

Darting forward Kars ran his blade through the man effortlessly, slicing him in half, the german was now being carried by the Pillar Man. "Now, I'll be taking the Red Stone." Declaring that he began patting the man's uniform looking for the item.

Clenching his jaw at the events that'd just transpired, Joseph went to follow, catching sight of a faint glow to the side, his eyes right away moved towards it finding that it was the end of your whip dragging through the snow, the handle of which was still clutched within your hand.

"(Y/N)?" Calling out to you he quieted down right away seeing you raise a finger to your lips, the universal sign to remain quiet. Following your lead he began walking alongside the other side of Kars, eyes returning to focus on the scarf wearing man.

Kars's hand patted one pocket in particular before ripping the fabric to reveal the Stone everyone's been buzzing about for the past few days, a look of satisfaction crossed his face. "The Red Stone of Aja! I have waited four- no, five-thousand years! And at last it is mine!"

Dropping the man onto the snow, Kars held the necklace in hand, "It was destined to fall into my hands!"

"Kars!" Calling out the man's name Joseph was immediately shushed.

"Wait there! It is not your turn to die." Raising his arm about to attack the man laying amongst the ground he spoke.

"Kars, listen up...Don't think you've beaten the mighty Stroheim just yet!" Raising up from the ground and looking up at the Pillar man, the glass covering his eye lifted and a new pupil took its place, "German science is number one in the world!"

"Stroheim, you idiot! How can you boast at a time like this?!"

A small tunnel extended from Stroheim's eye and feeling as though this would be a good opportunity you took a sprinter's beginning stance, something in your gut was telling you that whatever this weird german man was about to do would require the physical activity.

"Ultraviolet laser, activate!"

A bright light, yell, and clang of the necklace falling against the ground were what you registered before making a B-line towards the stone.

"The Red stone!"

◥✥◤

I won't be able to update the next weekend so here you all go ^o^ also these are for my homie who's not vibin <3 hope these help