160. Malfoy Manor

As Malfoy Manor came into view, Dioleh's panic really set in. She was terrified not only for herself but also for Imani and Draco. Draco's heart was pounding in his chest. He knew that unless by some stroke of luck Bellatrix wasn't there, he would be exposed for who he was. The pathway from the gates to the manor was a blurry haze for Dioleh as she continued to panic. Andre interlaced his fingers with Imani's as she too began to panic.

"What is this?" a cold voice snapped as the front door opened. Draco's heart skipped a beat as he recognized his mother's voice, but even as the terror set in, a wave of relief washed over him. His parents hadn't been punished too harshly for his desertion.

As they were led through a hallway, Greyback asked, "Wouldn't your boy recognize him, ma'am?"

"You know very well my son isn't home," Narcissa snapped coldly. Blaise remarked bitterly in mind about the irony. They were brought into a large room with dark purple walls and a large crystal chandelier.

"What is this?" the drawing, cold voice of Lucius Malfoy demanded. Draco flinched, lowering his head as though to avoid his parent's eyes.

"They say they've got Potter," Narcissa explained. "Can you recognize him?" Lucius stepped forward, studying Harry carefully. "Well, Lucius?" she asked. There was a hint of excitement in her tone. "Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't be sure," he admitted bitterly.

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!" Narcissa said. Her voice was a prism of nervous excitement. "Think, if we hand in Harry Potter, he may spare Draco when he's found." A shocked cry left Dioleh's lips but she quickly pursed them, trying again to keep in all noise. Draco's hand had spasmed in hers at the sound of her cry.

Looking at Harry's scar, Lucius remarked, "There's something there. It could be the scar, stretched tight."

"We had better be certain, Lucius," Narcissa said coldly. "Completely sure that it is Potter before we summon the Dark Lord. They say this is his." She held in her hands the Blackthorn wand. "But it does not match Ollivander's description. If we are mistaken, if we call the Dark Lord here for nothing...Remember what he did to Rowle and Dolohov?"

"What about the Mudblood, then?" Fenrir asked, licking his chops and forcing Hermione to the front.

"Wait," Narcissa said, studying Hermione more now that she was in the light. Draco, who had been bound right beside Hermione, tried to make himself seem as small as possible as he keep his face from the light. "Yes! Yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the Prophet! It's the Granger girl."

"But then, that's the Weasley boy!" Lucius called excitedly, moving them around so Ron, who was on the other side of Harry was at the front. Draco released a silent breath of relief. "This is Arthur Weasley's son!" Then, the door behind them opened and the voice that called across the drawing room made Draco's heart stop.

"What's this? What's happened, Cissy?" Bellatrix asked, striding into the room, she scanned over the prisoners before they finally landed on Draco. She stopped, her skin growing pale. After she had recovered herself, she strode forward and slapped his hard across the face. Draco cried out, almost falling to the ground and taking the others with him as she gripped his jaw, forcing him to look at her. "What the devil are you doing back here?!" she screamed. Draco flinched before his anger grew and he found the courage to meet her gaze.

"Hello, Aunt Bellatrix," he spat. Narcissa froze.

"Draco?" she whispered.

"Your traitor of a son has returned home at last!" Bellatrix cried. Tears were streaming down Dioleh's cheeks.

"No! That's not him!" she shouted desperately. She was forced to the front and Bellatrix gripped her jaw tightly, studying her face.

"It's her!" Lucius cried in shock, shoving Bellatrix out of the way. "This is Dioleh Granger! The hair is different but it's her!"

"NO! Stop!" Draco screamed, fighting against his bonds and trying to get to the front again. "It's not her!"

"I see nothing has changed then," Lucius spat bitterly, glaring between the two of them.

Laughing manically, Bellatrix shrieked, "The Dark Lord must be called at once! Look! That's the siren wench that was imprisoned here and this must be one of their other friends! And him! That must be Zabini! The one they burned the house down of."

"I was about to call him," Lucius snapped. The two began viciously struggling until Bellatrix suddenly froze, her jubilant expression slipping away quicker than ice in boiling water.

"STOP!" she shrieked. "We will all perish if we call him now!" She moved out of their line of sight but they could still hear her ask, "What is that?"

"Sword," a snatcher replied off-handedly.

"Give it to me!" Bellatrix demanded.

"It's not yours, missus, it's mine," he retorted. "I reckon I found it." Bellatrix quickly stunned him, reclaiming the sword and finishing off the other snatchers as they rushed at her for taking down their friend. Greyback, however, was brought to his knees.

Pressing her wand to his throat, Bellatrix asked in a deadly whisper, "Where did you get this sword?"

"How dare you?" he snapped back, struggling against her spell. "Release me, woman!"

"Where did you find this sword?" Bellatrix repeated. "Snape sent it to my vault in Gringotts!"

"It was in their tent!" Greyback retorted. "Release me, I say!" She did with a flick of her wand.

"Take this scum outside," she ordered, "and stay there." Once he was gone, Bellatrix began to pace, muttering to herself under her breath, "If it is indeed, Potter, he must not be harmed. I must...I must know." Rounding on her sister, she said loudly, "The prisoners must be placed in the cellar while I think of what to do."

"This is my house, Bella, you do not give orders in my-" Narcissa began.

"Do it!" Bellatrix shrieked. "You have no idea the danger we're in!" Rounding on Lucius, she ordered, "Take these prisoners to the cellar, Lucius. Wait, all except for the siren." Dioleh's breathing picked up.

"No," Draco said quietly. Beginning to struggle, he shouted, "No! No! NO! Dioleh! DIOLEH! Bellatrix! Don't do this! Don't do this! DON'T DO THIS!" Dioleh was released from the others as several of them began to join Draco to yell in protest but Dioleh couldn't speak. She couldn't move as Bellatrix came behind her and quickly cut the ropes from her wrist, nicking Dioleh's hand in the process. Dioleh looked up just in time to see Draco forced away and down a flight of stairs. Terrified eyes met each other and Dioleh wanted nothing more than to rush towards him, but before she could move a muscle, Bellatrix forced Dioleh to the ground. She flicked her wand again and Dioleh could see out of the corner of her eye that her hair had returned to its natural colour.

Raising her wand and striding closer, she said, "There we are. Much better. Now tell me...what did you take from my vault?"