Prologue - Bedtime Stories:

"But muuuuuuummmmmm, I want a bedtime storyyy-eeeeeeee," the young princess whined. She was about 10 years old now, but she still adored fairytales.

          "Alright, honey," her mother cooed gently, stroking the hair out of her daughter's face. "Now, get comfy, this one is a special story," she started. The princess wriggled and finally ended up snuggling into the pillow.

          "Okay, mum, I'm ready," the princess was excited, she liked the normal special stories that her mum would tell her.

          "Once upon a time, there was a prince and a princess who shared true love, they were beloved by their people and got married after a year of knowing each other. They were so in love, they decided to have a child. The now King and Queen had a beautiful little girl, who was born from the truest love. There was a prophesy surrounding the princess which said as follows: 'One born from the Truest love will possess the ability to do the greatest good, the potential for light unlimited. However, along with the potential for light, also comes a great and terrible potential for darkness'."

          "Mum," the little girl interrupted. "Is this story about us? Like, you, dad and me?" she had always been curious, running off when her parents tried to keep her contained to the castle. They would, however, always find her in a particular clearing in the forest, the edges dark and mysterious, the center, bright, and full of life. 

          "Yes, darling," her mother started to stroke her head soothingly, encouraging the young princess to speak once more. Snow didn't mind her curiosity, as long as it was contained to the castle walls, for she feared her stepmother more than anything. 

          "But if this story is about me then that means that I could be dark? I don't want that. The darkness is really scary. What if I do become dark and I hurt you guys, I don't want that mum, I really don't," the princess was starting to get frantic, almost as if she was starting to get a panic attack but her mother was there to soothe her.

          "Shhhh, its okay my sweet. Now, I never finished the story, did I?" She questioned the princess, who shut right up at her mother's words. 

          "Upon hearing the prophesy, the king and queen went to the Sorcerers' apprentice, who, upon meeting them, said he could help. The king and Queen decided to take up the sorcerers offer, ensuring that their child would be light. They stole the egg of the mighty dragon, Maleficent, and gave all the potential darkness their unborn child had to the offspring, along with sending it to another land," the princess sighed, her worries subdued by the story, thinking nothing of the stealing of the egg or the other child; just like her parents.

          "Now, my princess, it is time for sleep," the Queen tucked the duvet around her child tightly, keeping her snug and warm.

          "Okay, mum, you sleep well too," the Queen chuckled a little, absolutely in love with her little girl.

          "I will, my darling. Now, sleepy time," she blew out the candle after one last hug and left the room. She made her way down the hall to her own room. Entering, she saw her husband, Charming, still awake, reading a book and leaning against the headboard. She clearly had a sullen look because her husband seemed inclined to ask what's the matter.

          "I told her the prophecy," she said, sliding into bed and moving to cuddle against his side. He hummed, acknowledging what she said. "You don't think she'll go dark now, do you?"

          He shook his head and said that he was sure his child was the most pure hearted person who will live. That what they did ensured that.

          "Yes, I think you're right," she said, encouraging Charming to blow out the candles still flickering in the room, plunging them into darkness. "Just as long as she never has to meet that witch of a stepmother I have, I think it will be fine,"

          "That evil witch will never get her hands on our daughter, I promise that myself. That I will die before I let her take our child," the king said this with strength and confidence, soothing his wife's worries. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, this is a one off chapter, just to get something down. I needed to have this here as an opener, just so you knew where everything stood. (the chapters will be longer than this in the future!) 

hope you enjoy (I will release the first three, including this one, chapters so that there is something substantial for you to grasp before you judge) have a great day (: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------