After a few moments, they let me go and led me to our awestruck group. I was greeted with many relieved faces and several 'are you okay's. It was so nice. I missed this. I missed them. I looked at Carl, Lori, and Rick, and saw Lori's huge belly.

"Oh my God!!!! Lori!!!!!" I shrieked quietly, as I got up and gave her a huge hug.

She laughed tiredly and gave me a squeeze back as I let go. But the second I did I had Carl's tiny arms wrap around my midsection.

"Auntie Y/n!" He exclaimed happily still hanging on to my midsection.

"Hey, buddy." I greeted laughing slightly. I felt bad having not said goodbye to him after I left the farm. I sat back down and to my surprise, Carl decided to sit next to me and I happily let him. Rick gave me a small nod and I mouthed at him silently, 'I'm sorry for leaving.'. He just gave me a slight smile in return. I didn't miss the looks Daryl gave me, but I also didn't acknowledge him. After a few more moments of catching up Rick said, "Better all turn in. I'll take watch over there, we've got a big day tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" Glenn asked.

"Look, I know we're all exhausted. This was a great win. But we gotta push just a little bit more. Most of the walkers are dressed as guards or prisoners, looks like this place fell pretty early. Could mean the supplies may be intact. They have an infirmary, a commissary." Rick explained.

"An armory?" Daryl questioned having spoke for the first time since I announced my presence. And dammit, hearing his voice, god it's like I never left like we never fought. At least it almost was like we never fought.

"That would be outside the prison itself, but not too far away. Warden's offices would have info on the location. Weapons, food, medicine, this place could be a gold mine!" He exclaimed. But his voice worried me. It was clear he was stressed and hadn't had a good night's sleep in ages.

"We're dangerously low on ammo. We'll run out before we make a dent." Hershel added slightly annoyed it seemed, but maybe that was just the fact that he was tired. In fact, they all seemed so, so tired.

"That's why we gotta go in there. Hand to hand. After all, we've been through, we can handle it, I know it. These assholes don't stand a chance." He said giving his mini-speech before getting up and leaving, followed by Lori. I stayed seated as carl got up and laid down by where his dad was sat moments before. I didn't follow Rick because I didn't know what happened, and I sure as hell couldn't help, I mean I ran before whatever went wrong here, I had no room to try and help to fix it.

"I'm gonna go back to my watchtower. Holler, if you need anything." I said getting up after giving Maggie a hug.

"I'll walk ya" Daryl said softly. Maggie gave me a look, but I just shrugged looked at Daryl, and responded with a soft, "Okay."

Almost the second we were out of earshot from the group Daryl began to talk to me, Just like he used to, like nothing had changed before we were even together, "You ok Y/n?"

"Kind of..." I responded. I knew I couldn't lie to Daryl, I've never been able to, he's always seen right through it.

"What's wrong?" He asked. And oh my god I missed him, and I had no idea how to tell him, he ended it.

"I thought I would never see you again." I paused and corrected myself quickly, "Any of you again, is what I meant."

"I know. I never thought I was gonna see ya again either. I screwed up Y/n." He said whispering the last part.

"I know Daryl. I never thought you'd be the one to break my heart. It hurt, it hurt me really bad." I whispered.

"Did it ev'r occur to ya that it hurt me too?"

"No, because you said you didn't want to lose me again. So why did you? Why did you push me so far away that I wouldn't want to come back?"

"Got scared."

"Of what?"

"Lovin' you."

"Why?"

"Cuz, I tell ya thing's I can barely tell m'self."

"I had no one Daryl... No one but you for so long. You were it, Daryl. Literally my everything. And you threw it away because you didn't care. When did you stop caring?" I whispered tears now fully streaming down my face.

"I didn' stop." He whispered stepping slightly closer to me. At this point we were just outside of the door to my tower.

"The worst part is," I paused taking a shuddering breath. "I still love you, and I hate myself for it."

{1523}