WEDDING CRASHERS

Crowds weren't exactly my thing, but I could appreciate everyone going around having a good time just as much as anyone else. I was perfectly content to sit at a table in the back with my glass of alcohol and watch everyone dance around and make a fool of themselves.

"Do you need a refill?" Fred came up behind me, leaning down to give me a peck on the cheek.

"I could use the good stuff right about now," I mumbled, handing him my glass.

"Is that code word for you want me to slip you some love potion?" He snickered, "If it is, I did get it."

"You got it? How?"

"I have my ways," he smiled down at me, "Is that a yes, then?"

"I imagine it would make tonight a little more tolerable," I muttered, "Only a little, alright?"

"Of course, your highness," he walked over to the punch table, probably mixing the potion in with the alcohol to avoid looking too weird.

I scanned the tent again, I hadn't been able to relax all night despite the happy, cheerful air around us. Just the other day we'd been chased down in an air skirmish regardless of the fact it was supposed to go unnoticed.

My attention was stolen by an absolutely glowing Glinda approaching the table, throwing herself down into the chair across from me as her chest heaved. She smiled at me, before picking up her previously abandoned glass and chugging about half of it.

"You and George seem to be having a good time," I mused, looking over at Glinda as she tried to catch her breath.

"Yeah, it's nice," she replied, panting, "It's sort of like a do-over, y'know?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like the Yule Ball," she smiled at me, complexion flushed, "It's like a do-over."

"Oh," I said quietly, watching her stand back up and shoot me a wink before going back to join George again. For some reason, her viewpoint sent me reeling. I couldn't help but watch her join George on the dance floor, their hands joining as they danced together, with a pang of sadness jolting through my chest.

"Why do you look like someone's kicked your dog?" Fred teased, placing a glass in front of me. It definitely looked a little odd if a person looked at it too long, the alcohol tinged an unnatural pink.

"Glinda was just here," I waved off, "It's nothing."

The drink tasted sweet, the love potion dancing on my tongue as I turned to look at Fred. Somehow, even after falling victim to the most powerful love potion in existence, I still couldn't get over the immediate changes of the potion. Fred looked dashing, moreso than he had five minutes ago. I could tell from his smirk he was already enjoying the symptoms the potion brought onto me.

"It's sweet," I mumbled, feeling a blush overtake my features as I bashfully looked away.

"Mm," Fred hummed, I could barely hear it over the music. He reached out to play with my hand, fingers weaving between mine and flipping my hand over to expose my palm.

"You wanted the potion to cheer you up, didn't you?" Fred mumbled, eyes still trained on our hands.

"Hm?" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, "I don't know what you mean."

"What Glinda said about Bill and Fleur, being together less time, I mean. It bothered you?"

"Oh," I pursed my lips, "I mean, yeah, I suppose."

"We'll get married right here on this lawn, too," Fred lifted my hand and kissed the back of my knuckles, "Mark my words."

I couldn't respond, a sudden warmth blossoming in my chest that blocked my throat up. All that my body was capable of doing was giving a feeble nod as Fred's lips barely left my hand. Every fiber in my body awoke as he opened his mouth, eyebrows knitting together--as if he was about to say something extremely important.