"If you don't tell, I won't tell" you looked up at him.

"Deal" he nodded. You held your hand out and he shook it sternly with a smirk as he tilted his head up proudly. You laughed at him before turning as your name was called out.

"Y/n!" Sersi rushed over. "Come on" she dragged you back to the party. Druig waved with a grin as Sersi pulled you into the group of people dancing and laughing. After a while you grew tired and excused yourself, unaware of Druig who had been keeping an eye on you the entire time.

You went outside onto the balcony, taking the fresh air into your lungs as you closed your eyes, leaning onto the railing. The thoughts and emotions of others were jumbled around your head as you tried to focus on one thing at a time.

"What are you doing out here?" Druigs voice startled you. "Sorry" he apologized in your head, standing beside you as you looked out over the city below.

"I just needed a minute" you claimed, hoping he wouldn't push further.

"Your mind is busy" he stated.

"I know" you closed your eyes again and hung your head low in attempt to keep down the busy thoughts.

"It's usually quiet, are you sure your alright?" He worried and you could feel it stand out within the mess that was the current state of your mind.

"I don't know" you sighed. "I can usually focus and keep my thoughts steady, but after calming the whole city everything became over whelming" you started to ramble with panic and stress.

"May I?" He spoke out loud, letting you hear his voice clearly. You gave him a small nod of approval. He was hesitant at first, not wanting to push you, but he had to know how he could help. Both of your eyes began to glow gold as Druig entered your mind.

When you used your powers to change others emotions you would exchange your own emotions for theirs, taking in the panic and giving the calmness. When you took in too much at once your mind would get crowded and overwhelmed with the thoughts and emotions of others.

Druig stumbled back at the overwhelming storm inside your head, reaching out to grab the railing to steady himself. He had no idea what you went through when you used your powers until tonight. He looked to you in shock at what you had to go through, thinking of how strong you really are.

"Stay here, I'll be back" he said, rushing back into the party with determination to find someone.

"Where are you going?" You asked him before he was gone.

"To talk to Ajak!"

A few moments later both Eternals appeared with worried looks on their normally calm faces. You inhaled a sharp breath at their strong emotions, closing your eyes as you tried to focus on your breathing. Ajak stopped Druig from walking any further.

"What?" He snapped at her.

"Druig, take a deep breath. You can't help her if you can't control your own emotions" the Prime Eternal reminded him as she calmed herself. Druig nodded in understanding, trying his best as Ajak approached you. "Y/n, you need to go back to the Domo with Druig, it will be quieter their for you to regain your thoughts"

You could only manage a nod as you opened your eyes. Druig took your hand as he lead you through the crowded party and outside into the cool night air once again.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He proposed an idea as you both walked slowly, taking in the calm space around you.

"I don't think there's much to talk about" you claimed. "People have lots of thoughts and emotions and as someone who can feel and see all of it, it can be a little overwhelming sometimes" you reminded calmly.

"Yeah, I guess so" he nodded along in understanding. "Is it always like that?"

"Like what?" You looked over at him.

"So loud and crowded in your head"

"Not always" you started, pausing to think of your next words as you walked into the Domo. "Usually it only gets crowded like that when I overuse my powers, then my mind starts to take in more than I can focus on"

"So it's not crowded when you are just sitting in the lab with us?"

"No, that's probably one of my favourite places to be" you smiled at the thought.

"In the lab?"

"No" you laughed. "With you guys, my family. I feel at peace weather I'm in the lab with you and Phastos or helping the humans with Sersi" you looked to Druig to see him watching you with a smile. "Oh!" You gasped as he fell to the ground suddenly. You burst out laughing as you realized he was too focused on you that he tripped over a book that had fallen to the floor in the lab. Druig looked up at you unimpressed by your reaction before he allowed himself to laugh to, glad he could make you smile even if it cost him a few bruises. He pushed back onto his feet and stood beside you.

"Well, I'm glad I could make you laugh" he joked.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" You managed as you calmed down a bit.

"Yeah, I'm good"  he picked up the book from the floor and set it back on the table. When he turned around you were laying in the middle of the floor staring at the ceiling. "What are you doing?" Druig moved into your view standing over you.

"Focusing my thoughts" you claimed casually. "Come on" you patted the spot beside you. You didn't think he was going to lay down, but after a second you felt his presence beside you, contentment in him as he turned his head to face you.

"What do we do now?"

"Just lay here" you said. He smiled, nodding while turning back to the ceiling, feeling peaceful in the silence of the lab.

....................................

Question of the day: Do you like party's?

Over 100 reads already! I'm glad you are all enjoying this story and can't wait to share it all with you and get your thoughts on it. As always please click the star at the bottom to leave a vote so that I can thank my wonderful readers and have a great day!