She smiled a small smile back, "I do have a tendency to speak my mind, but I mean no disrespect, and yes, I do realize I am married to you now, your highness," she said quietly.

"And how do you feel about that, princess?" He asked softly.

She contemplated his question for a minute and when she opened her mouth to answer, he spoke first, "how do I feel you would ask?" He smirked, and she smiled genuinely at him.

"Heavy!" He sighed.

"I am sorry you feel that way," she said sweetly.

He examined her face intently. She was still so hard to read.

"And you?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Relieved," she whispered.

"Relieved?" He exclaimed.

She nodded.

"You should not lie to the god of lies, princess!" He said a little too loudly.

She snapped her head up in surprise, almost hurt, "I am not lying," she met his gaze and looked into his eyes.

"So are you relieved you married me?? Really? That is how you would describe your feeling?? If I was to lay my hands on you, right now, will you still be relieved, Ameera?" He was yelling at her.

She did not flinch. She did not waiver, but she broke eye contact and looked straight forward, and remained tight-lipped.

Loki sighed angrily, and started pacing the floor. Was she playing him? What kind of game was she playing. He finally smiled to himself, "alright princess, let us see how relieved you are."

He took delibrate strides towards her, until he came face to face with her. He placed his right hand on the small of her back, and his left hand on the nape of her neck. He leaned in close to her face, until his nose was almost touching hers. His breath was hot on her, "if I was to kiss you now, would you still be relieved?" He whispered intimidatingly.

She did not wince. She did not move or react to his touch. She was very guarded and knew how not to show emotion, when needed. She refused to meet his gaze, and refused to answer.

"Answer me!" He seethed.

She took in a breath, and said almost peacefully, "are you angry with me? What did I do, your highness?"

Her response took him by surprise. He was not prepared for that. Why couldn't he intimidate her? Why was she so calm?

"You lied to me," he fumed.

"I assure you, I did no such thing."

He still held her, and stared daggers into her eyes, "relieved?"

"That I am, your highness, maybe it was my mistake to answer truthfully."

"Explain!" He demanded.

"How do you explain a feeling?" She asked quietly.

"Try!"

"I .. I .. I cannot, but I am not a liar, your highness," hurt apparent at her voice.

Something in her voice shifted his focus from his ever-raging anger to her.

He removed his hands from her and put them by his sides, "my turn to apologize, princess, I did not mean to raise my voice at you on your wedding night," he said softly.

"It is your wedding night as well, your highness," she smiled at him, this time not so warmly.

"I suppose so!" He muttered.