Chapter 9: Ariella, Mushroom and Skyla meets Rockwell.

Words count: 425

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day in the jungle. Mushroom and Skyla are fast asleep. Skyla lies on her back, while Mushroom rests on Skyla's belly. They were snoring. "Grubs, grubs..." Skyla said as she was muttering in her sleep. Mushroom and Skyla snores. Ariella walks up to the pair of sleepyheads as she approaches and pokes Mushroom. "Hey. Hey, wake up." She said. Mushroom sleepily lifts her head and looks behind him. Ariella's face is incredibly close to hers. She sees a pair of piercing bright blue eyes staring down at her.

Mushroom screams as she hides behind Skyla, who is jolted awake as she screams. "It's okay. It's o...whoa! Whoa! It's okay. It's me." Ariella said as she was gesturing her hands to get them to calm down. Mushroom and Skyla sighs in relief. Mushroom walks across Skyla's beak and belly towards Ariella. "Don't ever do that again." Mushroom said. Skyla sat up for a bit. She turns away, holding her forehead in exasperation. 

"Carnivores. Oy!" She said. "Have you guys seen Leonardo?" Ariella asked. Mushroom looks back at Ariella. "I thought he was with you." She said. "He was, but now I can't find him. Where is he?" Ariella said. "Ho, ho, ho!" A male said cheerily. Ariella, Mushroom and Skyla looks up at the tree. Mushroom sits on top of Skyla's top part of her back as her hands were on her head. 

Rockwell sits in the branches of a nearby tree. "You won't find him here. Ha, ha! The king..." He said. Rockwell bows. "...has returned." He said. Ariella realized what Rockwell meant what he just said.

"I can't believe it." She said. Ariella's eyes widen. "He's gone back!" She said. Mushroom hops off Skyla and looks up at Rockwell. "Gone back? What do you mean?" She asked. Rockwell has mysteriously disappeared. "Hey! What's goin' on here?" She said. 

Mushroom gestures at where Rockwell was sitting. "Who's the monkey?" She asked. "Leonardo's gone back to challenge Tigerclaw." Ariella said. "Who?" Mushroom asked. "Tigerclaw." Ariella said. "Who's got a Tigerclaw?" Skyla asked as she tilts her head questioningly. Ariella shakes her head. "No, no, no. It's his uncle." She said. "The monkey's his uncle?" Mushroom asked. 

Skyla approaches and stood next to Mushroom after folding her wings in. "No! Leonardo's gone back to challenge to his uncle to take his place as king." Ariella said. "Oooh." Skyla and Mushroom said at the same time.

~*~*~*~*~

Sakura: I'm sorry if this chapter is short. But the next chapter will either be short or not. Who knows? The next chapter will be the final hour or known as the final battle against Tigerclaw!