Chapter 1: "Circle of Life"

Words count: 2007

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba. Sithi uhm ingonyama. Ingonyama.

The sun rises, turning the sky from black to red as the mutated animals were waking up to greet the new prince of the kingdom.

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba.

Various animals, including a rhino, several topi, and a colony of meerkats, lift their heads in the direction of the sun.

Sithi uhm ingonyama.

A cheetah pauses on the edge of a ridge, tail lashing. The birds were flying him as the flocks were leaving their homes or the rivers. 

Ingonyama. Siyo nqoba. Ingonyama.

Storks walk through a shallow body of water, look at one another, then take to the air. Elephants, zebras, birds, storks were heading towards the palace.

From the day we arrive on the planet

An adult giraffe crests a hill, followed by a baby. A further away from the mother and baby were herds of elephants, zebras and many more of mutated animals.

and, blinking, step into the sun

The baby giraffe steps into the sunlight, closing its eyes against the glare.

there's more to see than can ever be seen

The giraffes survey a large group of animals moving across the grasslands down below, then descend the ridge to join them.

more to do than can ever be done.

Ants carrying leaves march across a branch. A zebra herd frolics below.

There's far too much to take in here

A flock of flightless bird fowl bobs along the ground, with elephants and other large animals slowly moving into view behind them.

More to find than can ever be found.

A lone flightless bird hurries out of the dust, nearly getting trampled by an elephant and other large animals.

But the sun rolling high

The reflection of the sun in a river is shattered as the group of animals crosses either treading through the water or splashing through it. There a group of seven mutated animals as the group were standing in the front of the crowd and they are Half-court a mutated Giraffe, Hot Spot a mutated and loyal Dalmatian, Sandstorm a mutated camel, Walkabout a mutated kangaroo, Dove a mutated white bird/dove flying above them as she landed on Half-court's shoulder, Ju-Doe a mutated doe which a female deer and Monty Moose a mutated Canadian moose were standing next to each other.

through the sapphire sky

A herd of zebras splashes through the river along with other mutated animals. The sun was slowly raising up into the sky. The birds were flying above the mutated animals as one of them was Aries a cross between bird-like Shinygreed and Fawkes but with pink, blue, white and yellowish-gold feathers was flying towards the Palace.

keeps great and small on the endless round.

More animals cross the river, including an elephant with birds resting on its tusks. There were even more mutated animals joining Half-court and the others. They are King Lionheart a mutated lion, Panda Khan a mutated panda, Sergeant Bananas a mutated gorilla, Grasskicker a mutated, blue-furred goat, Anubis a mutated Jackal, Bastet a mutated Egyptian cat, Fang Glider a mutated flying dragon lizard, Thunderhoof a mutated bison, Cluckette a mutated hen with red feathers, Pocahontas a female mutated raccoon, Cowlorado Kid a mutated Holstein cow, Marie another mutated raccoon, Marshal Moo a mutated, yellow furred bull, Dakota Dude a mutated, blue furred bull and Jagwar a mutated jaguar were joining the herd of mutated animals.