Chapter 5: The Worst Torment

I'll just refer to LP Claude as the other Emperor or Somethin' while WMMAP Claude as Claude.

•••••••

"Why did he become like this?" Claude asked as soon as he knocked out the other him. The other Emperor fell to the ground, asleep. Confusion appeared on Claude's cold face. "He looks pathetic."

"Black Magic," Lucas paused as he crossed his arms. "He used black magic, and it seems that he succeed in it," He pointed out with a boyish smirk on his face.

The Magician's eyes went to the other Emperor who was currently unconscious. He suddenly recalled the expression from the Emperor a while ago. Lucas is certain that it was a hopeless case of black magic.

"I never thought that His Majesty would look this miserable in this dimension," Lucas commented. He suddenly felt a glare, but he ignored it. "Don't take it to the heart. Just think of it as the failed version of yourself."

"Don't worry, Your Majesty. You're not alone. I also have a lot of failed versions of me."

"I can't even think of this thing as myself," Claude replied. "He even had the audacity to think of locking my wife into this filthy room."

"Why so harsh to the other you?" Lucas shrugged his shoulder. "But I agree. If another me would dare to touch my Princess. I would've killed him as well," The magician mumbled to himself. "No, I'll torture him first."

Lucas stopped mumbling when he felt the deadly glare of the emperor.

"Why did you say?" Claude asked with his fierce eyes.

Lucas gave Claude an innocent look with a slight grin on his face. He didn't answer his question.

"Anyway, are we going to kill him?" Lucas yawned before stretching his arms. "The Princess might be waiting for me. She originally wanted to come with us, but it's kinda dangerous," He hinted before glancing at the dark sky outside of the window.

"A few moments from now, this dimension was meant to fall into doom. We cannot stay longer in this world," Lucas cautioned Claude. "We should go after Lady Diana, time is tickling," He reminded him.

"Doom?" Claude asked.

"Just think of it as Obelia's failed version. Soon, everything will fall into chaos."

Claude paused before glancing at the other him. "What about the Athanasia of this world? What will happen to her?"

Lucas became silent when he heard the question. Claude stared at the magician when he didn't answer his question. The atmosphere became heavy because of the heavy aura coming around Claude.

From that silence, everything became clear.

She'll die.

This world doesn't have a happy ending. Everything was meant to burn into ashes.

Claude who was silent decided to walk away from that room, however, a hand suddenly stopped him. His eyes went to the other him who was currently grabbing his left foot. The pain was visible in the face of the other Claude.

"Who are you?" the other Emperor asked. His eyes were as cold as Claude's, but it is empty and devoid of emotions. Unlike Claude whose face seemed to be peaceful, the other Claude was very different from him.

'I'll end up like him if I didn't meet Athanasia. He could've been me.'

"Should I kill him?" Lucas asked Claude. A ball of mana appeared in his hands as he let out a smirk on his face. "Or you'll kill him?"