Chapter 4: Unbreakable Fate

Diana glanced at Claude as she hugged her own body. When she saw that there is no violent reaction in his face, she immediately averted her gaze. 'He doesn't actually mean that, isn't he?' Diana asked herself.

'I should be mindful of my words. if he ever gets pissed because of me, I can never protect myself from him,' Diana thought while staring at Claude with hostility. 'I should think of a perfect way to escape from this place.'

Claude, who was sitting on the settee was watching the reaction of the woman that is currently in his room. He had no idea why did he bring her to his room, but something is telling him that he should possess her no matter what.

He should restrain her.

Lock her here.

Never let her go.

He owns everything in this place, including this woman. He could manipulate things as if he is a god. A mere woman couldn't contradict him. She should do whatever he wants, he should control her, tell her to do everything that he commands.

His emotions are already dead long ago, but he could feel a stronger desire to possess her. None one knows if these dark feelings are created due to black magic. However, the only that his mind could think of right now, is to think of this woman.

If he will command her to die, she will die. If he will command her to live, she should live.

The wench should be his Doll. Something that he should control.

There are so many dark thoughts circulating around his mind. If Diana could read his mind, she might tremble in fear for all of his though are dark enough to scare her.

A sense of possessiveness, where could he possibly get it?

A frown appeared on his forehead when he suddenly felt a familiar pain in his head. "Damn it!" He groaned in pain under his deep breath. The pain in his head is like needles that penetrate his brain. "ARGGH!" He shouted aggressively.

His fist was clenching on his hair because of so much pain. The nearest bottle of wine suddenly explodes and shatters into pieces. "Jen...nette..." He mumbled in pain. His eyes trembled while trying to utter that familiar name. "JENNETTE!"

Diana who has a lot of things in her mind was shocked when he heard a painful groan from Claude. Her eyes were stunned while looking at the familiar scene in front of her. It was familiar because she also saw this happen when she was in the garden as 'Dianne'.

Her body stiffened when Claude's expression became more violent as he crumbled to the floor. The nearest things on his place began to shatter into pieces.

Claude really looks in pain, and Diana couldn't decide whether to feel fear or sympathize with him.

"CALL JENNETTE!" Claude shouted repeatedly. He gritted his teeth as he felt that his body became weaker. He almost forgot that Diana is in his room. "JENNETTE!" He shouted again.

He was on the verge of passing out. However, he suddenly felt a warm hand holding his face. When he raised his head, he suddenly saw a figure of a woman who was staring at him with a complicated expression on her face.

"How..." Diana paused before shutting her eyes tightly. "How could you feel pain and shout like you're hurting when it's clearly Athanasia who suffered the most?" She asked with a resentful voice. "How could you show me this kind of expression?" Diana opened her eyes before staring at him intently.

In the end, Diana is not a cold-hearted person at all.

"How could you call Jennette, who is not even your daughter?"