five.

*ೃ༄MYLANI*ೃ༄

*ೃMYLANI*ೃ

GREENVILLE, SC 2019

"Lani...? Lani!" I heard Jayla shout as I quickly sit up.

"You can't keep living like this," she says. "Especially not because of a boy."

"I just don't get it Jayla! We were doing so good and then he just magically disappears? Out of thin fucking air. Did I do something wrong? Was my clingyness scaring him?"

I frown as I pull my covers back over my body.

"No! Lani you did nothing wrong, guys are assholes! This is why you don't get attached as quickly as you did."

"I couldn't help it he was so perfect."

Jayla sighs and sits beside me, "They may seem perfect at first, but it's only an act. After they get you attached they switch up."

"It's been three fucking months. No texts, no calls, no trips; nothing! He could of at least been straight up with me."

"Mylani listen, there are plenty of guys out there who will actually treat you right. Don't be upset about one that did wrong."

I look at her, "Easier said than done."

"Yea I understand. We gotta go out this weekend. Get you outta this depressing room."

"Ugh, I don't wanna go to a party."

"We don't have to go to a party. I'll plan something and let you know, okay? I gotta get home...you know how my mom is."

I hug her, "Bye I love you."

"I love you too maam," she says as she leaves my room.

My smile turns back into a frown, I grab my pillow and cry in it.

I had to much faith in Dre and I. It's been over three months now and you would think that I'd be over him, but I'm not.

Every second of every day I think of him; what we could have been.

It just hurts.

He dropped his mixtape; I wanted to congratulate him but I know he wouldn't have answered.

Why did he do this?

My twelfth grade year starts in a couple of months; I should be excited! But I'm not. I just want to crawl in a whole and never be seen again.