"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyway, I'll be back lemme go freshen up and change."

I my nod my head and let her go.

She leaves the locker room in a different fit & walks back over to me.

"You want me to take you home?" I ask her.

She nods her head as she puts her jacket on.

We both exit the school and get into my car.

"You leaving after you drop me off?" She frowns.

"I have to, it already late my parents gone be mad at me."

She sighs, "I wish we didn't live so far from each other."

"Yea me too, gas ain't cheap."

"My bad bruh," she chuckles.

"It's worth it though."

"That's good to hear."

We finally make it to her house & sit in the car for a couple minutes.

"Next time we link you coming to see me," I state. She bout to feel the wrath of this 2.5 hour drive.

"Okay okayyy, I don't know when that will be though, I have a game next weekend too..."

"Whenever you're free."

"Well duh."

I laugh, "Hey, it's almost summertime."

"That is very true. It's also very expensive to get a bnb. My mom not gone let you stay in the house and I know your mom not gone allow that either."

"That is true also. Mmtch, I hate this shit."

She sighs, "Me too. I'll let you know whenever I can go back to Atlanta to come see you, okay?"

"Aight. Be safe jit," We lean in & kiss.

"You too," she grins and exits the car.

Damn, I hate leaving her.

But at the same time it kind of scares me how close we are.

I head home and call Woods back.

"Yooo," I say.

" Yo Dre, we needa talk bruh, and you might not like what I'm about to say but I'm only saying it to keep ya head in the game and for you to focus on what you need to focus on."

"Ight nigga you kinda scaring me. What you needa tell me?"

"You wanna know why I distanced myself from Jayla?"

"Why?"

"I have a very strong feeling that her intentions were not good. Like at all. Even though the sex was great and she was cool to talk to, it's like a signal inside of me went off last weekend."

"When you say her intentions weren't good, what exactly do you mean?"

"Well...I think she sees the potential in me. Ion think she was being genuine. It felt like she was trying to get with me because I'm doing good producing n shit."

"...Really?"

"Yes bro. I don't know if Mylani is the same way but I'm just giving you a heads up."

Hearing this from Woods made me extremely cautious. I was now rethinking everything about Mylani. What if she only fuck with me because she knows imma make it?

"Dre," Woods says. "Now, about this next project, we need to focus. This next project could do so much for your career."

"So what are you trying to say Woods? You want me to cut off Lani?"

He sighs, "Listen, I know you like her. Females come and go Dre, you need to focus on your future right now. We gotta keep our heads in the game."

I try to reevaluate the situation as Woods continues to talk about my next mixtape.

Maybe he's right. Maybe I should just be focusing on this mixtape right now. I take my music seriously and I genuinely want to do this for the rest of my life. I have to do whatever I need to do to exceed.

And if that means cut Mylani off, then I guess that's what I'll do.