Epilogue - Tang Yi & Shao Fei

Start from the beginning

Hospital

"Fuck! Meng Shao Fei do you think that I'm that free every day? Didn't I warn you not to rush to the frontlines and take on everything by yourself first every time you run into a problem? I still have two surgeries to scrub in on today, and in the end? I have to be here to wrap up your wounds for you. God, my life is so tough. This can obviously be passed on to a nurse to deal with but because of someone's orders, I have to repeatedly revise my Year One course in basic nursing."

Dr Jiang glares at the Captain who was personally escorted to his hospital just for a small 10cm wound, made by a perp with a knife.

"Hehe, thank you!" laughs Shao Fei breathily with his mouth wide, as he sits on the hospital bed and enjoys the special treatment that the hospital usually affords only their top VIPs.

That year, Captain Shi was thoroughly investigated by prosecutors due to his involvement with illicit drug smuggling and the double homicide case, which ended with him leaving the police force for good. And that very night that Captain Shi took the congratulatory pastries from Shao Fei from his daughter's wedding, he left Shao Fei with one thing.

"Shao Fei, I'll leave Team 3 in your hands."

In the beginning, he didn't understand what Captain Shi meant, until the new staff shuffle orders came from Human Resources, and that's when he found out that Chief, while making his confession to his superiors, also offered a suggestion to their commanding officer.

"If you guys are looking for someone to take over my position and continue to lead Team 3, I recommend Meng Shao Fei to take on the position of Captain."

Just like that, after a period of training and assessments, he is now sitting in Chief's previous position. Before, the sound of Chief yelling was the thing Team 3 heard the most often; now, the responsibility of teaching the rookies has fallen on Shao Fei's head.

"Meng. Shao. Fei!"

A cold voice echoes, and each word stabs right at Shao Fei's ears as the door to the hospital room slides open.

The man whose name was called immediately freezes, and with wide eyes, Shao Fei looks at Tang Yi approaching him, not daring to move in the slightest.

"You're finally here," Dr Jiang side eyes the man who he expects would be here, and his voice dripping with sarcasm, he comments lightly, "Tang Yi, your darling baby's wound has been given stitches and is all wrapped up properly. Hurry bring him home and discipline him, and stop wasting my gauze and antiseptic solution! He's also taking up my VIP ward!"

Once he is done speaking, Dr Jiang pats at his robes with his hands and leaves the ward with the emergency first aid kit with him.

Tang Yi walks over to the side of the bed. Gently picking up Shao Fei's bandaged left arm and hand, he asks with furrowed brows, "What happened this time?"

"How would I have known that the perp had a second knife on him? A moment of carelessness... and... this happened."

Shao Fei swallows hard, and decides to omit the part where the knife came really close to his arterial vein on his neck, lest his 'punishment' becomes more severe.

Suddenly, Tang Yi takes out a metal pen from his chest pocket, plucking off the pen's cover and viciously scratches himself on the arm, in the same spot as Shao Fei's wound.

"What are you doing?!" Shao Fei yells angrily, and snatches Tang Yi's weapon in hand away.

"Does your heart hurt?"

"Nonsense!"

Shao Fei grits his teeth and reaches out for the call button to get Dr Jiang who just left the room to come back. Just as he's about to do so, Tang Yi firmly locks his hand around Shao Fei's wrist to stop his movements.