The Tang Household

Having just returned home from the hospital, Ah De follows closely behind Tang Yi up the stairs. Jack, who's been waiting there since earlier, takes the initiative and approaches Tang Yi first, "Boss."

"Where's he?"

"Inside."

Tang Yi's footsteps do not cease as he angrily tears his suit jacket off of him, the garment dropping to the ground. Ah De picks it up and hangs it over his arm, his expression revealing both anxiety and unease.

The moment the door to the room opens, they see the man who attacked Hong Ye and Shao Fei earlier tied to a chair in the room, gagged with a piece of cloth. Once the man sees Tang Yi's expression, he immediately begins to struggle and shout.

"Get out."

Knowing that Tang Yi intends to torture the man personally, Ah De immediately stops in front of him. He says, "Boss, let me do it. Don't dirty your hands."

"Get out," the words leave Tang Yi's throat softer than before, but his tone this time leaves a chill down everyone's spine.

"This small matter, I can handle it-"

Ah De does not get a chance to complete his sentence before he's viciously shoved to the wall. Glaring at the subordinate who has interrupted him repeatedly, Tang Yi glares at the man.

"He dared to touch my people, and you call it a small matter? Then what is a 'big matter'?"

"I'm sorry, I spoke out of turn. I'll leave right now."

Having followed Tang Yi for so many years, this is the second time Ah De has seen such an expression on Tang Yi's face - the first time, was four years ago when Tang Yi woke up in the ICU ward, only to be given the news that Boss Tang was dead. Ah De knows that he can no longer say anything. All he can do is hold onto the suit jacket in his hands and leave the room, feeling panicked.

The merciless expression on Tang Yi's face is akin to a grim reaper just as it's about to wield its scythe - he grabs at the man's jaw and smiles coldly, "Hold on just a little longer. I'll definitely let you listen to the sound of your ribs breaking one by one."

Wearing his spiked brass knuckles on his dominant right hand, the man tied to the chair is so fearful that he soils himself, his pants stained with the evidence of his shame and also the unpleasant stench.

Outside of the room, Ah De is unable to sit still and instead paces outside the door, wanting to know what's going on inside, then also looking at his phone from time to time, as if waiting for someone's reply.

Jack calmly plays with the butterfly knife in his hands, and speaks, "Don't worry. He won't beat him to death. Boss knows this much at least."

If the man is beaten to death, then he cannot reveal any clues. The trick is to beat him until he thinks he will die in the next moment, but leave him that tiny, little glimpse of survival. Only then can they get the answers they need. This is what Jack learnt from the battlefield, and this is also the logic he used on himself when he was captured as a hostage and interrogated. Even if he was at his limits, he remembered that there is no reason for him to be loose-lipped, because once he tells the truth he no longer has any value. And people without any value and use will truly walk towards certain death.

"Why would I be worried about that fucker?"

"Oh? Then I must be mistaken. I saw that you were so nervous, I thought both of you knew each other."

"What do you mean? What do you mean by I know him? Who does he think he is, do you think I will know a small fry like him?"

Jack looks at the man who has suddenly switched moods, then smiles, "De Ge, don't get so angry. I'm hardly being serious here, don't take it to heart and don't listen too closely."